Chapter Eight - Choose Your Battles

"I'm sorry" Hunter's eyes widened as he was shown the ring on Nate's finger, "he did WHAT?!"

"He gave me a promise ring" Nate replied, looking down at the ring with a faint blush.

"Nate.." Hunter started before Nate looked up at him, cutting him off, "You know what, never mind. You already know how I feel about him so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut"

"Good"

"Well, I'm happy for you, man" Shawn spoke up with a grin as he glanced over at the other two men from his place at the computer.

"Thanks, Shawn" The ebony grinned as he sat down in one of the chairs before taking out his guitar.

Matt was recording a video for his GTLive channel so when there was a knock on the front door, the brunette barely heard it. When the knocks came a second time, Matt jumped slightly.

"Who the hell?" Matt murmured as he nodded to Ash to pause the camera while he went to answer the door.

Opening the wooden door, Matt's eyes narrowed slightly as he saw Hunter on the other side. "Hunter? What're you doing here? Is Nate ok?"

"Nate's fine" Hunter replied, "I was wanting to talk to you if that's ok?"

"Uhm sure?" Matt replied before stepping aside to let the other male inside, shutting the door behind him, "what did you want to talk about?"

"You and Nate"

Matt stiffened slightly at that. "What about us?"

"Matt, is everything ok?" Ash asked as they came down the stairs

"Yea, everything's fine" Matt gave a smile, "You're free to head home if you want" he added, "We're done recording for the day"

"You sure?"

"Yea, take the rest of the day off" Matt replied

"Ok then, I'll see you tomorrow" Ash gave a smile as they grabbed their jacket before leaving.

Once Matt was sure Ash was gone, he turned back to Hunter with a small glare, "Why do you want to talk about Nate and I?"

"I know what you do to him" Hunter replied, "even if he can't admit it himself, I've seen the bruises and bandages"

Matt shrugged, "I don't know what you're talking about" he replied, "I've never put my hands on him with the intent to harm him"

"Bullshit" Hunter snapped, "I know you gave him that black eye the other day cause he sure as hell didn't have it when he came to my house at 12 in the fucken morning in the middle of a thunderstorm"

"I don't know where this is coming from, Hunter, but I don't appreciate you coming into my house and accusing me of abusing my boyfriend" Matt replied, his voice low, "If I were you, I'd leave before one of us says or does something we regret"

"What? Are you going to hit me just like you do to Nate?" Hunter asked, giving an icy cold glare to the other male.

Matt let out a low growl before getting up and grabbing Hunter by the collar of his shirt. He then pinned the other male to the nearest wall. Hunter let out a faint grunt as his back hit the wall before glaring at the other male once more.

"Go ahead" he smirked, "see what will happen when Nate finds out you hurt me"

"Does it look like I give a shit about what happens?" Matt growled back, his eyes flaring up with anger and rage, "News flash, Hughes" he sneered, "I don't"

"Then do it" Hunter replied, "Do it, you manipulative, lying asshat"

With another growl that came from his throat, Matt raised his fist and punched the other male in the face, hitting his nose. Hunter hissed in pain as he felt blood beginning to trickle down his chin. He knew his nose was broken, dislocated at the least.

Bringing his hand up to wipe away the blood, Hunter smirked, "Is that all you got? One measly punch to the face?"

Matt smirked before letting go of Hunter's shirt and taking a step back. He then threw another punch, this one hitting the other male's jaw. Hunter felt his head fly to the side from the force of the punch. Matt then threw a third punch, causing Hunter to fall to the floor before spitting out a mouthful of blood and a tooth.

"MATTHEW!" Nate's voice came from behind Matt before the ebony ran over to Hunter, kneeling down beside his friend, "you ok?" He asked Hunter before helping him to his feet. When Hunter nodded to show he was alright, Nate turned to Matt, who was standing there with horror in his eyes.

"Nate, I-" Matt began before being cut off by the ebony.

"Don't, Matthew" Nate growled, "I don't want to hear it" With that, he turned back to Hunter and walked him outside, leaving Matt to let out a frustrated sigh before punching the wall out of anger.

"I'll get him to see the truth" he growled under his breath, "Just you wait, Hunter"