31.

Winter 2020

Hasen R. Walker

Hasen huffed, erasing her answer for the third time on the paper. Senior year began smoothly, but the teachers soon began to pile on the homework.

Hasen heard a knock on her door, making her look towards it, "What?" Hasen called out, and she could hear the person behind the door suck their teeth.

Hasen realized who was at her door, making her get up. She unlocked and opened her door, seeing True.

He walked in without greeting her making her mug him, she closed her door and looked at him.

"Don't come in my room if you can't speak." She spoke as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Hasen shifted her weight to her left leg as she stared at him as he sat on her bed, getting comfortable.

"I missed you." True said, licking his lips, Hasen walked towards him, a mug still on her face.

"You gon keep that act up?" True asked, staring up at her, putting his hands on her waist.

"What act?" Hasen asked, and True laughed standing up

"That fake attitude act. Like you don't wanna see me." True said looking at her and Hasen shrugged feeling herself fold under his gaze.

"I missed you." True repeated his statement from earlier, and Hasen scrunched her face up.

"You just saw me last week." Hasen responded, and True sucked his teeth before grabbing her face

"Why you just can't say I missed you too?" True asked, pecking her lips.

"You want to have sex?" Hasen asked holding his face in her hands kissing his lips repeatedly once she pulled away True started laughing.

"What's funny?" Hasen questioned with a puzzled expression on her face.

"You just gon ask to fuck everytime you see me huh?" True said still laughing at her.

"If we both want to have sex, then what's the problem?" Hasen smiled softly.

"We ain't having sex right now." True told her while sitting down on the bed and pulling her onto his lap.

"Where's Adrian?" Hasen asked, rubbing his tattooed neck. She didn't understand why he didn't want to have sex, and he looked really good right now.

"He at my grandmother house, packing the rest of his stuff. Ima go help him in a minute." True spoke and Hasen nodded her head.

True paused for a moment before looking at Hasen. He was trying to prepare himself for the argument that would result from this conversation.

"You fuck with NY?" True asked, fiddling with the top of her gray leggings.

"New York? Yes, I like New York. It's okay." Hasen spoke, shrugging her shoulders. She looked at her boyfriend, who was staring at her blankly, as if he was stuck in his head.

"You want to move in with me?" True asked, and Hasen looked at him like he was crazy before getting off his lap.

"No." Hasen immediately declined.

True stared at her before speaking, he knew she was going to say no but he was still hoping for a yes.

"Why?" True asked, and Hasen's face was expressionless.

"True I'm seventeen." Hasen spoke, and True shrugged his shoulders

"So, I'm nineteen?" True remarked, and again Hasen's face was expressionless she didn't know how to react.

"I'm not stable enough to live on my own." Hasen said, and True sucked his teeth

"You worrying about the wrong shit. I got all that, don't worry about it." True assured, Hasen shook her head.

"So I can live off you. Fuck no." Hasen retorted, and True rubbed a hand down his face in frustration.

"You not living off me. If I said I got it then I got it." True stated.

Hasen knew he wasn't dumb, so she didn't understand why he was acting like he couldn't understand.

You already know what I want to do with myself; I'm not done with school, and the stuff I want to do isn't even close to being finished." Hasen explained.

True's face was monotone not really caring to listen to what she was saying because to him he had everything under control.

"Give me a valid reason why you can't live with me." True said, "All that shit you want to do you can do in NY." True added

Hasen rubbed her forehead, taking a deep breath. He was annoying her because he wasn't actually listening to her.

"It's like everything I said went in one ear and out the other." Hasen responded throwing her hands up.

"I heard what the fuck you said, and on my lil brother that shit don't sound valid to me." True spoke up, and Hasen looked at him blankly.

"I want to be able to support myself. Why aren't you understanding that I don't want to live off of you?" Hasen defended.

"When the fuck did I say you was living off me? Stop saying that shit." True stated, slightly raising his voice.

"Your raising your voice for nothing, calm down." Hasen spoke calmly and True mugged her hard feeling himself about to snap.

"I look like a fucking kid to you? Stop fucking playing with me." True spoke, and Hasen could tell he was getting mad, but she didn't care.

"I don't care. I'm staying in Maryland, and you can stay in New York." Hasen shrugged her shoulders, dismissing the conversation. She grabbed her phone, looking for something to occupy her time right now.

True took a deep breath to relax before speaking. "You not gon' at least think about it?" True asked, and Hasen stared at him.

"My answer is no. Im not changing my mind." Hasen's response was simple.

"I'm not going to make the same mistake as my mother and let a man leave me high and dry with fucking nothing." Hasen went on to say, that was something she would never do.

She didn't want to end up like her mother, with a man she thought truly loved her only for him to leave her looking stupid.

"I never showed you that you can't trust me, I never showed you that I'll fuck you over like that." True stated, and Hasen made a face

"I never that. You're not even listening; you're just hearing what you want to hear." True sucked his teeth as Hasen spoke.

"I know what the fuck you saying. I'm not dumb. You think ima be like the nigga that left ya mother. Stop comparing me to other people." True said seriously, and Hasen waved him off, not wanting to talk anymore.

"I don't care anymore." Hasen shrugged her shoulders

"Now you don't care anymore. Aigh." True shook his head and walked to Hasen's door to leave, deciding to leave her alone.

Hasen nervously chewed on her bottom lip as she watched him walk towards her door. She didn't want him to leave because she didn't know if he'd come back after the argument, but she stayed silent.

_______________________________

BOOK TWO IS OUT !

If yaal see any mistakes tell me . I edited and proofread but I might've missed something .

If you want to still read about them go to book 2 .

Hasen made some good points, LMFAO she ate True up .

Of course it ended with an argument !🙄