Part One: Crossing Paths

(Btw I'm going to make you a Hobbit because I can. There's really no real reason beyond that.)

They chased you into the cave. You've been wandering for days through the darkness. You can't even see your own hands in front of your face.

Suddenly, a voice calls out to you from the dark. It's high-pitched and gravelly.

"We hears someone!" it growled. "Perhaps orcses. Yes, orcses."

You hear the soft padding of small feet move across the stone and steady your breathing, as you don't want this creature to spot you, no matter what it is.

"No more boneses, gollum, we's sick of boneses!" the voice whines. "Fresh meat is what we need. Yes, gollum. Wait. We hears it again!"

The footsteps began to draw nearer. You had forgotten to cover your breath. You watch in horror as you watch a dark figure inch closer to you. It sniffs the air and its pale eyes pierce through the dark, staring at you.

The creature pounces at you and pins you to the ground. its small, sharp teeth dig into your shoulder as you scream in pain. You unsheathe your sword and point it at his neck.

"Gollum, gollum," it chokes. This word must be of significance to the creature.

"Who are you?" you ask.

"Please, don't hurts us," it pleads. You can see that it's on its knees begging you. You drop the question, assuming that he probably doesn't have a name. You lower your sword in pity.

"I won't hurt you, if you promise to do the same."

"We promise! We promise!"

"What are you?" It doesn't respond. "WHAT ARE YOU?!"

"Smeagol! Smeagol!" it shrieks in a shrill voice.

"What is a Smeagol?"

"Me! I am Smeagol! 'Finish it off!' No! Leave me alone! Gollum!" He was talking to itself. You feel pity for it. It seems lonely and deranged.

"What?" you ask, at first not realising.

"We wasn't talking to you," he snapped back. "Come, come. We must go to the light." He begins to walk away and you follow him into a lighter part of the cave so you could see him better.

Once in the light you could see all of his beautiful features. His large, pale eyes. His dark, thin hair that hung down in volumptuous, greasy strands. He was very skinny and toned. You could see his large muscles. Probably from bashing rocks against skulls and bones. He walked aound on his hands and feet. Like a sexy dog. You immediately realise. Love at first sight is real.