Ch 20

"Do you believe me now?" Cameron asked with a smirk. Enin glared at him before shaking his head. "I can't believe I got conned by mere children." he muttered harshly under his breath. Ali, who heard him, shot a glare at him,"Well believe it!". Enin shot him glare at Ali and Cameron, they glared right back at him. Seeing that the two weren't backing down, Enin sighed before going for the items.

Anila, who had watched the whole thing go down, was a bit uncomfortable. 'If only I wasn't so weak.' She thought to herself. Enin came back and handed the two their merchandise. Cameron took them and first took the collar out of its box. Its golden bell beautifully shined brightly when the sunlight shone on it. He then turned towards Ali, and showed him a beckoning motion.

Ali walked towards him obediently. Once in front of him Cameron took Ali's hand and placed it on the collar. He then placed his own hands on the collar too."Push your mana through it, and take it back." Cameron said to which Ali nodded. By doing this the mana inside the collar will be mixed with their mana when they draw it back hence the connection.

When they finished, Cameron then took the collar and placed it around Ali's neck. Not forgetting to give the other a quick soft kiss on his temple. Ali's tail swayed around happily, as a light blush decorated his face. Cameron then opened up the case of the two small gems. Cameron observed them for a while before giving the death one to Ali, while he picked the destruction one, for himself.

Enin's face was extremely black as he watched them. To his surprise however they both pocketed the gems instead of taking them. Cameron then turned back toward Enin, "We'll be going now",and without turning back he calmly walked away with Ali still on his hips.
Enin:...
Anila:....
Enin:That brat……

Cameron didn't waste any time to start the journey. It was still early, but he wanted to go as far today as he possibly could. After sometime Cameron finally came to a stop in a clearing.The large trees surrounding the clearing provided lots of shade, and he even found a large tree with its large roots shaped like a cave. With a small hole to at the front to crawl into it.

He looked up and saw the sun setting. They also hadn't eaten anything that day. Cameron decided to camp here for the night.

He then addressed the second reason of why he stopped. He slowly pushed away Ali's head which was rubbing into his neck. Ali gave him an innocent look while Cameron gave him a small glare. Ali whimpered quietly. The whole way here Ali had been trying to get his attention. Whether by mewling or by rubbing onto him, Cameron found it cute but it was a bit bothersome. As it was quite hard to focus on his surroundings when this cute little thing won't let him.

Cameron sighed as he stared into Ali's pitiful eyes. "Do you know what you did wrong?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. How could Ali not know? He just couldn't help himself sometimes, this was his Cameron after all.

'His beloved Cameron~'

Unaware of the obsession showing in his eyes, Ali nodded."Won't do it again" he said while widening his doe eyes to look more cute. Cameron's lips twitched as stared at that look that came into Ali's eyes yet again.

Neither in his last life nor his current life had anyone ever looked at him like that, not even close.. He found out from a long time ago that he didn't dislike it. Sighing, Cameron bowed down his head and gave Ali a quick kiss on his recently plumbing cheek, and then he went for another one, and another. Soon Ali was gleefully giggling as Cameron peppered his face with kisses.

After a while Cameron smiled at the still blushfully giggling Ali before putting him down."We have to look for stuff to camp tonight" he said. Ali nodded,"I'll look for leaves and wood, you look for the food.".Cameron gave a quick nod, gave Ali another small kiss on his forehead before turning around and leaving.

Ali watched him leave. His originally cute smiling expression became the way it usually was when there was no Cameron around.

Expressionless.

He also turned and made his way towards the opposite side of the forest than where Cameron turned. He walked forward and began to take down any large leaves he could find. After a while he had quite a pile. He then took a handful and began to carefully lay them on the ground inside the tree trunk. After making sure that it was nice and comfortable. He then went outside and began to lay the leftover leaves on the ground in a circle. He was going to place a fire in the middle. Cameron had already teached him how to make fire.

Ali smiled at that, before his previous expressionless expression returned. Finally finished laying down the leaves Ali turned around and went to collect sticks. After some minutes he was going on his last stick hunting trip as he believed he had enough. Enough to keep him and Cameron warm anyway. He was taking up the last stick when something flashed past him in the corner of his eye.

Ali immediately became vigilant. The shadow then flashed again and Ali clearly saw that it was a ruby eyed rabbit. It was quite big too. If he caught that would Cameron praise him? It would be extra meat and there was no guarantee that Cameron would find any meat where he had gone. Not that he was doubting Cameron. His Cameron was the very best after all.

While Ali was finding excuses for himself, he simply ignored the fact that he just wanted praise from his Cameron and simply didn't care about extra meat at all.

Deciding that he would catch the rabbit, Ali dropped the sticks in his hands. The rabbit, frightened, immediately began to hop away. Ali dropped on all fours, his pupils narrowing into slits from excitement. He then gave chase. The rabbit sensing the danger behind it began to hop even faster.

Although it was fast, it wasn't faster than Ali who picked up his pace in order to catch it. The moment Ali sensed he was close enough was the moment he opened his jaws and quickly clamped down on the rabbit before him. A sickening crunch echoed and the rabbit let out a loud squeak.

Ali however didn't let go and only slackened his jaws when the rabbit ceased all movement.

A/N:Thanks t my new editor for editing this!Creepy-Face