𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒- 𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔

"I've messed up, Steve- I've messed up badly."

It was three days after the initial breakthrough and Nancy Wheeler had not been in contact with anyone. No one had heard from her- apart from Mike, only because of the living situation- but even he had said that it was like a ghost within the walls of their own home. She seemed to be in hiding, isolating herself from the truth and from her friends- and unfortunately, it was all Robin's fault.

Well, obviously not all- it had been her choice to break up with him, her choice to leave- but perhaps, under the circumstances, that's just what had to happen. People made the right choices for their scenario all the time and then commonly had to live with the saddening consequences, she knew that.

Robin had assumed that it was also quite tough, with her main job at that moment being supporting Buckley along to some of Steve's many dates. Quite a kick in the gut, and she knew for certain that she wouldn't want to do it after all of that.

"So, this is why you've been grouchy for the last few days?"

Robin nodded, sitting cross legged on the counter of Family Video.
"Yes, Steve- of course it is! Just as we're kind of becoming friends again since the last time, I go and mess it up like I always do. Is it just impossible for me to make friends my own age?"

Harrington crossed his arms on the other side of the room. He was counting stock while joining in on the therapy session.
"Well, don't say that- what about me and Ed?"

"Female friends, Dingus. This is also exactly the reason why I'm still single."

"Or- you know- it could also be because you don't go on any dates. You don't have to be friends with them first..." A pause. "Ok, I'm guessing by the face that you're making, I should stop talking before I get the whole 'lesbians can't just do that' lecture."

"Yes, you should."

"Thought so."

"Anyway, I just feel horrible. I guess I didn't necessarily go about it in the right way but it was killing me not knowing."

Steve sighed.
"Well, it's human nature to be inquisitive. Don't blame yourself for being curious about it- especially if she involved you that much."

Robin snickered slightly in her position.
"Damn, look at Stevie and his big words."

"Very funny." The man deadpanned in reply, taking a slow walk to the centre of the store. He had his arms crossed still, resting on his stomach with a slouch. "How about you just talk to her, if you're that worried. It's not your fault, though."

"Absolutely not."

"Absolutely yes."

"Nope. Not happening."

"Come on, Robin. It's up to you- but I don't want to hear you moaning about it all week. You either go and talk to her and see if she'll continue to deal with and accompany you to these thrilling dates- or you just sit and wonder what would've happened if you did."

"You're really not helping."

Steve sighed.
"No, but I'm being serious for once. God, Robin- just talk to her. You know what she's like with her grudges, she's always holding one against you whether you've done anything wrong or not. It's the same for everyone."

Robin sat for a good second, legs still crossed and body slumped. He made a good point; the fact that Nancy wasn't one to forgive and forget- and it bought a new realisation to her mind. Maybe it wasn't the end of the world, since break-ups happened all the time, and maybe she shouldn't of felt as bad as she did. The whole scenario wasn't her problem alone, even though it seemed like it. Perhaps she would reach out.

"You know what- sure. Might as well. It's rare that you make a good point but I think you just did."

"I used to date her, Robin. I know what she's like. You know what she's like- even Eddie knows what she's like- for God sake."

The mention of Steve Harrington previously being in love with Nancy Wheeler (and possibly vice versa) made her stomach churn. It seemed completely unbelievable- that two people of such a difference could find a slight time of union. Buckley was glad that she wasn't around to witness it properly, and was only there to watch from the sidelines. She much preferred Nancy and Jo-... well, neither now.

"Ew- I can't believe that you've just reminded me of that."

"It's typical, isn't it? Jock and nerd...most popular and once unknown."

"Alright, don't boost your ego too much."

"Anyway, I don't want to be associated with that side of myself anymore. I've moved on. Grown, if you will."

Robin smiled slightly.
"I know you have, Steve. I know."

It bought a comfort to him to be reminded every so often; a friendly piece of recognition that he wasn't the person he once was. Robin was life-timely pleased that he hadn't stayed the same- it had saved her and many others along the way.

He smiled slightly, arms crossed and head held down.
"But yeah- you should do that."

Robin huffed, sinking slightly.
"Fine."