Something Different

"Lou? LOU?!" I called down the seemingly empty alley. My best friend Louis had told me to meet him on the other side of town in the alley next to the strip joint at midnight. I heard footsteps coming up behind me.

"Louis?" I stuttered, terrified.

"Calm down Bo, it's just me," he said as I took a sigh of relief as I turned around. Lou stood there looking gorgeous even in the dark of the night, he smiled before pushing me up against a wall.

"Bo, I have a secret and I've been meaning to tell you in for some time now and I think I'm ready." He whispered in my ear, with his voice of silk.

"Bo, I'm different than you, I'm a deadly predator. A monster, one that will never die. I would have to watch you die and I just can't do that." I nodded my head, unable to respond.

'But everyone dies' I thought to myself, a large breath leaving my mouth.

"No Bo, vampires don't die." He said brushing his cold, smooth lips past mine. How had he known I thought that.

"Bo I know because you're thinking out loud again." He said, his face was pressed against my neck, I felt his mouth open, his sharp perfect teeth grazing my skin.

"L-Louis, p-please don't" I begged, my breath hitching.

"Stop Bo, this hurts me too. I don't want to do this, it's selfish and not right. But I can't watch you die. I just can't." He said as tears began to stream down my face.

"Please Lou, Please" I sobbed as his teeth tore into my skin, I screamed in pain as I felt the blood trickle down my neck.

"Shhh Bo, it'll all be over soon, shhhh" he cooed as my world went black. The pain I was in, was excruciating. But maybe this was a good thing, a start of something new, something different........