ACT I • Viridity I

You fucking died, didn't you?

There's no other logical explanation for these very puzzling circumstances. There's no way you can feel the gentle grass beneath your touch, breath in the fresh summer air, or the goddamn hammering in your skull this vivid in a dream.

Your blurry gaze lingers on the unfamiliar surrounding area, slowly adapting to the pounding sunlight. This doesn't make any sense at all. Instead of your run-down apartment, what greets you is such a beautiful Japanese (?) garden that you could have never created at all from your imagination.

Your hands are flying up to your head; such a useless attempt to stop the headache. Various thought flies in your mind, and you try your hardest to grasp the last clear memory.

Alright, breathe [Name], just breathe and remember-

After another boring but oh-so exhausting day, pretending to be a normally functioning adult and working a very ungrateful job, you just wanted to sleep the moment you stepped foot into your small apartment.

The icy winter cold still clung to your skin, making you feel so itchy, and after minutes, it didn't get any better. Of fucking course, on the coldest winter day of the year, the universe needed to have another good giggle at your misery and broke your very much-needed heater.

You're so done, like- so, so done with this.

Lugging your body into the tiny bathroom, your tired eyes instantly fall onto the small pill bottle, your tiny helpers when you know that no matter how much your body is exhausted, your mind will not shut up and let you have a rest.

You would never admit it, but- it is more of a habit now than just taking them when necessary. When your head finally hit the soft mattress, you were gone.

Why, oh why, were you so fucking stupid? So utterly careless and irresponsible? You want to facepalm yourself to the next dimension; this kind of stupidity should be punished.

Oh-

Your eyes jump around. Maybe this is your punishment? Just because this place is one of the most gorgeous places you ever had the pleasure to lay your eyes upon, it doesn't mean that it isn't your personal hell. Who knows? Maybe it's just a facade, and the next thing you know is that Mothman comes flying down and eats you? 

Holy shit- what if he had a small finger snack?

No, no, no, no, nooooope- 

Time for a body check.

Touching down your body, you check everything that should be where it is; two ears, nose; eyes; lips. Good, your glorious face is still intact, and noticing how you did it with two arms and hands, there is also nothing amiss. Wriggling your legs, yup, still moving and functioning, you almost sigh in relief, almost; being the keyword.

Patting down your chest, then your tummy, you abruptly stop and bring them slowly back to your chest- a lone tear slides down your cheek when reality hits you hard in the face.

This is hell. It has to be. Why else would your soft and squishy boobs be gone and only a more than flat chest be present? This can not be real. They could have taken everything, but God forbid not your boobies.

Who would be this horrendous? You didn't even have the chance to say goodbye. Cruel, this is so cruel.

The soft grass underneath you makes acquaintances with the unexpectedly tiny fist that you possess when a sharp pain greets you with the impact. You cast your eyes down, the otherwise flawless soft skin scraped and covered with dirt from the ground.