White Rose

You put your diamond necklace on. It was the only one that matched your peach-colored dress.

Tonight, you and Jim we're going to have dinner at a really nice restaurant. As you were getting ready, memories of the five years that the two of you shared ran through your mind.

'Tonight might be the night.' You kept thinking. 'He might ask me for my hand in marriage.'

A couple minutes later, a limo showed up. Sebastian was driving. He rolled down the window and smiled. "Come on! Jim's waiting inside!" He happily called.

You smiled back as you reached your hand to the door. Then, you heard Sebastian call out. "No! Wait! You probably won't-"

It was too late. The door revealed Jim and another girl. His hand was on hers. He started right at you with wide eyes and a red face.

"Oh." He stood up and helped you in. "(Y/N), this is Victoria. She's one of my, um, employees."

She twirled her light brown hair with her index finger. Her nails were painted dark purple.

"Nice to meet you. Jim told me all about you, (Y/N)." Victoria greeted.

A little bit of anger shot inside you. "Nice to meet you too." You replied, trying not to sound angry.

As soon as you shut the door and sat down, the limo took off again. You were silent while Jim and Victoria were talking about a new shipment of something. You weren't paying attention to them. It was hard for you to even look at Jim, who was sitting across from you, without anger.

Jim saw you were mad. "We're going to drop Victoria off at her place. It's not that far from the restaurant."

"Alright." Is all you were able to say.

When the limo pulled into an apartment building, Victoria got out.

Jim sat next to you right before the expensive vehicle started it's journey to the restaurant. He touched your hand, but you kept starting at the floor.

"You look nice." Jim said as he did a nervous laugh.

You sighed. "Thank you, Jim."

He gave you a quick peck on the cheek. After a few minutes, the limo let you off. The restaurant's entrance had two fountains on each side of the doors.

Dinner was good. Both of you ordered the same food. You guys even talked about a possible future together. But when dessert came, Jim screwed up.

"I promise you, (Y/N), Victoria means nothing to me. She just an employee."

The name 'Victoria' set you off. 'He can't even go one night without mentioning her. Maybe he thinks she's HIS future.' That was your first thought.

Tears fell as you got up from your chair. "I'm sorry, Jim." You ran out of the building.

Immediately, Jim chased after you. "(Y/N)! Wait! (Y/N)!" He kept calling.

You ran into the street without even thinking and stopped. "James, I love-"

A car hit you and everything went dark.

JIM'S VIEW

She lay there unconscious. The driver got out and he called, "I'm a doctor! I'm so sorry!" He bent down to check her.

People surrounded her. I ran up to her body and started sobbing. The doctor tried CPR and checked her pulse. He tried everything he could. He turned to me and said two words I will never forget.

"She's gone."

I scooped her up in my arms. I messed up and because of that, I lost the love of my life. I pulled out the little box with the engagement ring.

"Tonight was the night." I told her corpse. "Tonight I was going to ask for your hand. I messed up and you got hurt. Now, I will never see you again."

I heard a few people gasped when I opened the ring's case and held it up to her. "Will you marry me, (Y/N)?" I sobbed. I hugged her tightly, knowing that I will never hug her like this ever again. "I'm so sorry!!! I'm so, so sorry!!!" I kissed her for a long time before an ambulance came and loaded her in.

Sherlock and John were standing right there. I guess Sherlock thought he could solve this murder. He nodded to show he was sorry. John did the same before they walked off.

TWO DAYS LATER

I was in my best suit. It was a beautiful day for a tragic funeral. (Y/N)'s coffin was in the ground. They were just putting dirt on now. My eyes were red and puffy. I lost my love. I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Nothing could redo what happened two days ago.

The coffin was buried now. People left flowers. I walked up after everyone left and left the white rose in my pocket along with the ring near the headstone. I patted the headstone that read '(Y/N) (Y/LN) Will be missed.' and smiled.

"Goodbye (Y/N)."