72

"You ready for yo' wedding?" Landon asked me

"You ready for yo' wedding?" Landon asked me. We both had to decided to meet up at the family house that our dad gave us.

Me and makai wanted to adjust to being parents and catch up on our work from college first before we started to plan for the wedding and now we're getting married next month and i'm more than nervous.

"Yeah i'm nervous though." I sighed.

"You don't sound happy bout it, you finna get married." He said.

"I am happy, I just wish Malik could be here." I said.

"He here in spirit or some shii. You know he proud of you lala, you kept going." He said.

"I just wish he would've too." I said before my eyes got glossy.

"C'mon lala don't cry." Landon put his phone down.

"I miss him so much and I feel guilty cause Makai reminds me so much of him, I don't want him to think I replaced him." I sniffed.

"You remember when I was wit you at his grave?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"As much as you think about him and do that he know you not replacing him if anything I bet he just happy for you, for keep going when he couldn't. You got help, you got two babies now, and finna get married and the Malik we both knew would've been supporting you everyday wit his mean ass." He chuckled and I did too as I raised up and wiped my tear.

"He was mean and bad as hell." I chuckled.

"Lil nigga used to be in the principal office every other week." He said. "Kareem was so fed up." He referred to Malik's dad.

"I invited him to the wedding." I told him.

"For real? I ain't think y'all was in touch."

"Yeah I got back in touch with him when I was tryna find my mom." I said. "He look just like Malik." I added.

"I mean I would hope so, shii that is his daddy." He said.

"Shut up." I laughed.

"I wish I could feel like that about Aubrie." He said.