Journal Entry 1 Us

Ever wonder why The Legend says, "Those who climb Mt. Ebott never returned..." This is our tale, The Tale of The Mages.

                                                          Journal Entry 1

Journal Entry 1

Us

Not so long ago, Two races ruled over Earth. Humans and Monsters.

One day war broke out.

After a very long war, The Humans were victorious.

The Monsters were sealed away underground, deep below Mt. Ebott, by a magic spell.

Taking seven Mages to create the barrier, they knew it'd take seven forth to break the barrier. So a Tale was made.

"Those who climb Mt. Ebott never return."

One of The Mages disappeared and was never heard from again.

The Other six stayed behind, and in their youth, they celebrated. Years Later, they vanished.

Many years later...

Humans started disappearing from the area...

People feared they went to the Mountain and fell inside, their souls taken by The Monsters...

One day...

A foolish young man was convinced The Legend was not real and The Monsters never existed.

He went into The Woods and never returned...

When news arrived to the family that their son had ventured off to The Mountain, they became heartbroken. The Father went to a local tavern and came home drunk, neglecting his family. The Mother is devastated and ignores her last young one's needs...

One Day...

The Child ran away from home into the woods.

"It's been thirty years. I am tired of this."

"Thou know we have to do this. Remember, our kind lived and worshiped in false fear for all those generations."

"It wasn't just ours..."

"True as that is, you know we couldn't risk this all happening again, or worse..."

"I know. But don't thou think all of this is enough? I am tired and growing old. I don't have many left."