The Outside World

"Leave me!" I screamed

"Bu-"

"Don't even bother giving a reason!" I screamed again

"We still can-"

"You can't! Everyone is injured, no one is capable of fighting anymore!" I cutted.

"Look around, there is only me who's still standing straight!" I added. No one replied.

"Now ... Please... Leave!" I begged them. They stood up one after the other and walked towards the upper floor of the dungeon.

"Then please... For us... Survive!" said the last person who tried to argue with me.

"I- I will." I responded as the last person who went up the stairs disappeared.

*Alarm rings*

I woke up from a very terrible nightmare. A memory of the past, a bad memory I never regretted. I stood up from my bed and headed to the kitchen. I am Grairune Arcane, 19 years old. I work as an adventurer. I cooked my food, brushed my teeth and took a short shower and left my house.

Warkinrth, Year 6900. Barriered city of Golkensia, humanity's last bastion. 100 years ago, the world was filled with greeneries and blues until humanity desired to fully develop its civilization, not giving a care to the nature. The act of humans caused the nature to turn into a barren waste lands. Because of this, nature activated its own defense, spawning monster causing the doom of humanity. Along the monsters, nature emitted what's known as "mana".

Of course, humans doesn't want its existence to end so using the mana nature emits, they created mana children- children who are capable of using "magic energy" or "magic power". Magic children was created with a purpose of defending what was left in humanity and to fend of threats to humanity. I'm a mana child too... Or rather, a mana born, a descendant of mana children.

"Its the Queen and the White Castle!" someone shouted as I was walking.

"They must have finished their expedition." said by another person in the crowd.

"Kyaa!!"
"Queen look at me!!"

Blanche Queen, the leader of one of the major factions in the city, White Castle. Along with her, there are 4 other major factions in the city, namely: The Magistrates, led by Azure Prime, Blessed State, led by Jaune Cardinal, Witch House, led by Vert Sage, and Ocean's Ballad, led by Violette Captain. Oh and also the prince's faction, King's Order, and the Forgotten Darkins, a faction who's leader is unknown. This faction isn't really big not even amongs the minor factions but their name is almost everywhere.

I better leave, this will take a while I might run out of quest in the guild.

I made my way out of the crowd and headed straight to the adventure's guild. A neutral guild not affiliated with any factions.

Oh crap, I didn't make it. No more easy quest left on board.

As I fell into despair, someone tugged on my clothes from behind.

"U-um." said by a feminine voice behind me. I peaked above my shoulder. I can't see anyone.

"A-are you perhaps searching for a quest to take?" she asked. As I finally turned around, an image of a small girl appeared. Her appearance is about a girl in her 14.

A child?

"Are you... New here?" I asked. The child's eye widened.

"U-umu." She nodded her hear.

This uniform.

"Are you from Blessed State?" I asked her. She nodded as response.

"I-I just joined the faction last week and now they told me to t-take some quest but I'm only good with healing and buffing." the girl answered.