Tis the Season to Be Jolly

Aurora hummed happily as she sat at her vanity, looking into the mirror as she brushed her long, golden hair, now thick and glossy after such a long period of neglect.

Bandages were wrapped around her arms due to the wounds she received from her journey back to Sodor, but, fortunately for her, they were healing nicely. She wore jean capris and a simple blue t-shirt, much to her distaste, for she felt confined in anything that had sleeves or long pants, but she did promise her fathers that she would wear them.

Putting her brush down, Aurora swept her hair into a ponytail and picked up a hair tie; which was a rich, apple green color with small strands of emerald green ribbon hanging down with tiny bells attached at the tips. On the vanity counter were matching red and white hair ties.

Fixing the green one in place, Aurora shook her head and smiled when she heard the bells' soft jingle sound. Doing the same with the red and white hair tie, Aurora put on a silver chain necklace with red, green, and silver bells on it.

"Perfect!" Aurora purred to herself as she jogged out of her room and down the stairs.

Grabbing her cloak, she tied the ribbons around her neck and quickly left through the door. Locking the door behind her, Aurora inhaled deeply before opening her eyes, happily looking around. The entire island had a thick layer of frost covering everything, almost making it look like snow.

Looking over at Tidmouth, her smile grew upon seeing her family. All the engines looked like they were slowly waking up, steam flowing out of their berths thanks to their crews starting up their fireboxes. Stepping onto the rails in front of her door, she felt her foot slide against the metal before looking down.

"Hmm..." Aurora hummed in thought as she pushed her body forward, sliding along the metal rail. Purring loudly, she took a few steps back before running forward, jumping onto the rail, and sliding forward. "Weeee!" She exclaimed happily as she slid towards the shed.

The engines and their crew smiled warmly upon seeing their daughter/sister having fun, despite what she had just gone through.

"Having fun this morning, Ro?" Edward asked, watching his daughter slide onto the roundtable.

"Very much so!" Aurora purred as she slid up to Percy's berth. "Morning!"

"Good morning, Aurora!" Percy beamed happily, watching as she jumped onto his footplate before blushing from the kiss she planted on his cheek.

"You seem to be in a good mood this morning." Emily smiled once she received a kiss from her sister after she jumped onto her footplate.

"That's because I slept extremely well!" Aurora purred happily before jumping onto James' footplate. "I feel relaxed and happy." She giggled happily before kissing his cheek.

"We're glad to hear that." James smiled before kissing her head.

"Very glad." Thomas smiled as he watched her jump onto his footplate. He chuckled softly when he received his kiss before watching her jump onto Gordon's footplate.

"We're just glad you're back with us." Gordon hummed, kissing her head after she kissed his cheek.

"So am I, Gordon." Aurora purred loudly as she nuzzled him before jumping onto Edward's footplate.

Edward smiled warmly as he nuzzled his daughter, kissing her head affectionately. "I love you, Ro."

Aurora purred loudly as she kissed his cheek. "I love you too, dad." She smiled brightly before jumping onto Henry's footplate. "Did you pull the Flying Kipper last night?"

Aurora's AdventOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara