Gotta Go Fast

A/N: Thank you for checking out Chaos on Earth: A Sonic X Rewrite! I understand that, while many people enjoyed watching Sonic X, some people don't care for it for many different reasons. While I personally enjoyed it the way it was, I too agree that there should have been  some changes. I know that there have been MANY attempts to rewrite Sonic X before, but I wanted to try and rewrite it myself, doing everything right this time around.

The original Japanese version of Sonic X is arguably superior to the English dub in many ways. For instance, the voice acting in the English version is below average, mostly because it was done by 4Kids, which butchered many other anime shows as well, the worst example being One Piece. This is due in part to the fact that they never even heard of Sonic when they were dubbing Sonic X. Many anime in the late 90s and early 2000s disregarded the source material when they were starting off, and Sonic X is no different. Then there is the needless censoring and omitted lines and even whole scenes, some of which are crucial to the episodes they are part of. I could go on, but any further ranting would warrant its own post on a blog or video somewhere, and I'm sure there are already plenty of those on the internet.

Before we start the first chapter, I want to show you some of the biggest changes I plan on making in this rewrite:

#1: First and foremost, Chris Thorndyke's personality will be completely changed. I believe Chris alone is the reason many people don't like Sonic X, because he can sound whiny and even selfish at times. In fact, he is one of the most hated Sonic characters ever. Expect him to get a much-needed facelift.

#2: This story takes place after Sonic Forces; and it diverges from canon, as well as my personal headcanon, after Forces. To the best of my knowledge, this is the very first post-Forces Sonic X rewrite. There are reasons for this that will make sense as you keep reading.

#3: Some chapters will have more events and even whole new scenes. Since I'm not confined to time slots, time constraints, or tight budgets like professional studios, I'm at liberty to tweak some scenes for the better. Also, I won't be copying direct quotes word-for-word from the anime; I want to be more creative than that.

#4: This story will be told from both first-person and third-person POVs. Scenes that focus on either Chris or Sonic will be told in their perspectives, while all other scenes will be in third-person.

#5: Episodes 49-52 will be scrapped and replaced with an original story, which will also focus on Sonic and his friends returning home. The reason behind this is because the catalyst of episodes 51 and 52 is Chris preventing Sonic from going home, which is wildly out of character from how I want to rewrite him.

#6: Only one semi-important OC will appear. He will be a human, and will not appear as much as Chris, but his main purpose is to enhance a couple of the episodes. He will not be front and center like a lot of OCs are; that's what Chris is for. There will be occasional minor background OCs as well. The aforementioned OC will be introduced in "Party Hardly".

#7: I have my own Sonic headcanon that I will reference throughout the story.

#8: Sonic and his friends will have updated personalities, comparable to their Modern, Archie, and IDW counterparts. Also, hospitality, sympathy, friendship, and comfort will be leading themes, in addition to action, adventure, and suspense.

#9: Very few characters from other Sonic media will be added, and unfortunately no, I don't take requests.

#10: Episodes will be renamed to fit the new format. For example, the first episode, "Chaos Control Freaks", will be renamed "Gotta Go Fast".