𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒- 𝑀𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑙𝑦 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑦

The day in which Robin was meant to tell Nancy about the arrangements, had passed. She had completely forgotten to get them on the day previous, her mind being rattled with other random tasks and trinkets.

The air in family video was stuffy and hot. Buckley was sitting on a chair, whole torso laid over the front, arms crossed and head leaning. The minuscule pattern on the surface was darkened and very close in her vision. She was sitting there, still as a statue, squeezing her eyes shut.

Steve had absolutely no idea what was wrong. She had been in pain all day, immobile and unmotivated. She never told him which part hurt, but by the constant and desperate grabs at her stomach, he had assumed that it was that.
Her forehead laid hard on the table.

"Did you eat something weird?"
A question.

"No." Came a muffled reply, strained and begging.

"Well, what's wrong with you, then? You said it was uncomfortable yesterday, too."

Robin didn't reply. She didn't want to tell him what she thought was going on.
"I'm fine."

Steve stood beside her from a distance, arms piled high with tapes like they always were.
"You don't look it."

"I am."

"You don't look it." He repeated, stepping forward slightly as the woman in front of him winced again. "Do you want me to go and get you a bottle of water, or something? Or mine? I haven't touched it."

Another muffled reply sounded through.
"Please. I'll pay- you keep yours."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."
And without taking her head away from the position she was in, Robin reached down to her pocket and pulled out two dollar notes.

"Okay, then. I'll go to the vending machine next door and I'll put the closed sign up until I'm back, alright?"

"Mmm." The accepting reply sounded in its tones.

"I won't be long."

Robin could hear Steve take the notes from the counter and rush his way towards the door. She was left sat there, mere minutes alone- but she couldn't stay still any longer- she needed to move.

With nowhere else to go except from the staff restroom next to the small office, she pulled herself up, vision slightly blurred from the pressing of her eyes, and stumbled her way over.

The cramps were shooting through her stomach like they were racing- competing over which could hurt the most- but, thankfully, she made it, and shut the door behind her.

The light inside was dim, flickering as if it was on its way out. Robin decided to use the toilet. She pulled down her underwear, sat down, then let out a groan of dissatisfaction. A small stain laid seeping into the fabric.

She had left her seat just to find out that her period had arrived early.

Thankfully, the worker had a spare pile of supplies for such occasions shoved behind the pipes on the wall- so luckily, she didn't have to go without.

When everything was sorted, Robin stumbled her way back into the storefront, just in time for Steve bursting through the door with a bottle in hand.

He spotted her, and passed the water over.
"Have you been ill in there?"

Robin shook her head, twisting the cap on the plastic and taking a sip. She nodded and lifted it in thanks.

"You look really pale..." he continued, stepping forward with a concerning eye.