𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒- 𝐴𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑠

"Hi, Nancy. So, I've got the next arrangement."

"Hit me."

"Alright, so- tomorrow? Six p.m again, the bar just off of Main Street?"

"Perfect. I'll see you then. Also, are you feeling a bit better now?"

"A lot better than I was, thanks. Just starting pains, is all."

"Ah, the worst. Alrighty then, I'll speak to you later."

"See ya."

Steve was throwing some of his most enthusiastic thumbs-up ever as Robin re-mounted the telephone.
"Sorted?"

"Sorted."

"Bingo. Gossip awaits."

"It sure does."

Robin wasn't going to tell him that she had no intention on passing on the news. He was a swift forgetter, however, so distracting him from the topic didn't seem like it was going to be hard.

Once everything was back in place, the two of them strolled back into the living room. They piled back onto the couch, sitting with their legs touching and their arms leaned against each other. Steve and Robin had always been the closest friends out of the group- trustworthy, safe. But it was soon time for them to be separated again.

Harrington looked across, setting his eyes upon his friend.
"I think I better be heading back soon, Rob."

At the sound of his voice, she also turned.
"You could just stay here, y'know."

"Suppose so- if you're letting me."

"Of course I am, idiot. We could do something tomorrow before we go to the bar. Keith's taking the next Family Video shift, so we're free to do whatever."

"Sounds like a plan, then. I'll just have to go home quickly to get some spare clothes and stuff."

"There's spare outfits of yours in my other drawer. Your extra toothbrush is in the cupboard, along with your hairspray. As if you think I wouldn't be prepared for you."

Steve chuckled a laugh that came directly from the pit in his stomach.
"We might as well just move in together, at this point."

"I whole heartedly, one hundred percent agree. However, I don't think that I'd be able to deal with you twenty four-seven."

"I can't deal with you at the rate that we see each other now."

"Shut up."

The two of them smiled at their mean-coded humour. They both knew that it was purely just a form of love-language; a slight tinge of horrid expression to weaken the cringy status that most best friends pursued. But not Robin and Steve. Robin and Steve were different.
After all, what kind of best friends had nearly died in each other's vision at least twice?

-

The night had passed by freakishly fast. They had both slept well, resting in each other's arms through familiarity. It was nice to have somebody that they could both come in contact with without it being classed as wrong, or strange, or anything more- even though everybody thought that it was. They had eaten breakfast together, styled their hair together, and were now relaxing in the kitchen, snacking on things that they could find and leaning against the sideboards.

Robin sucked the last of the food residue from her thumb and dusted off her hands.
"So, Harrington. What'cha wanna do?"

Steve stood there for a moment, running a hand through his flopped-over hair.
"To be honest, I have absolutely no idea."

"Brilliant. That is severely helpful."

"I know. I tend to be of such help nowadays... uhh... well, I don't know whether you mean something just you and I, but I know that Eddie wanted to go and scout around the new record store in town- so we could go and do that later?"

Robin nodded her head.
"Oh- that's opened?"

"Yup, last week."

"Huh. Funny- I didn't hear about it."

"Well, yeah, it's there. You like the idea?"

"Yeah, sure, that could be fun. I'm guessing that Eddie's at Forest Hills, since we always hear when he's out and about."

"That man leaves a line of destruction wherever he goes- of course we'll hear when he leaves the nest."

"I've never heard of anything more true."

"We know him too well."

"Too."

-

Steve's BMW rolled over the rocky gravel of Forest Hills trailer park, gently and carefully to block any scratches incase one flew upwards. Eddie's trailer was fast approaching, sitting in the place that it always did. The curtains were open on the shorter side, and Robin could just about spot Munson's silhouette as they pulled the car to a stop.

As the engine revved off, the door to the destination opened, and out came a dazed looking man.
"Steve! Robin! What're you two doing here?"

Buckley's window was already rolled open, so, from the opposite side, Steve called through it, tilting himself slightly for a touch more aim.

"Are you busy?"

"Yeah, a bit."

"Do you want to go into town with us?"

"I'm a bit busy, I just said..?"
Eddie took a lean against the doorframe, running a hand through his hair before shielding the sun from his eyes.

Robin placed her elbow on the window ledge, resting her head onto her arm as she watched the man and his confusion.
"We're going to the new music store."

Munson's expression all of a sudden changed.
"Right now?"

She nodded.
"Right now."

And with that, the man rushed back inside, grabbed whatever he needed to, and darted out of the room faster than a bullet. He ran to the passenger side of the back and practically threw himself into the car.
"Well, why didn't you say sooner?"

Steve and Robin turned to each other in disbelief, shocked at the manic ways that he could display himself. Ed always had more energy than the two of them combined- especially at the moment- and it was tiring even just watching him.

"Come on, then." He continued, buckling himself in. "What're we waiting for?"