34: Regrets

(Chapter - 34)

Thankfully, Jake wasn't dead that time, his pulse was still there and then Yera and the workers took him to emergency, towards the operation room.

Yera sat on her knees folded upto her chest, outside the operation theatre, her tears not stopping as she broke into sobs for the hundredth time of the day when she saw him peacefully sleeping, connected to life supporting systems from the glass panel of the door. The doctors told her that they took out the harmful medicine from his body but it was too late. He wasn't responding at all.

That is when Heeseung arrived back to the hospital, having messy hair and still clad in his sweats as he handed her a cup of coffee and a sandwich without even looking at her. He was still unhappy from her actions.

"You don't deserve to eat anything, you should have died! It's all happening because of YOU!" Yakura snatched and threw the food that Heeseung gave her and poked her collarbone as she blamed her. Yera was just numb from everything happening around her till this time. It wasn't bothering her how no one was there by her side.

Yakura lifted her hand in the air, aiming to slap her but was unable to as Heeseung caught her hand mid air, shaking his head side to side subtly, telling her not to create any ruckus. He indeed was not liking her after what perspired but being thoughtful enough and restoring some faith in humanity, he preferred not to blame anyone at this moment as Jake did it himself. Blaming anyone innocent will not be justified until and unless any investigation was conducted or Jake he himself tell them once he was in a condition to respond.

"Any one of you can come and see him." A nurse emerged out of the room, who held an examination board in her hand. Yera lowly raised her hand but before she could even enter the room, Yakura dragged her and took her to the reception. Heeseung was too exhausted to even fight with her sister. Some part of him believed that she deserved it, but not all.

"If you ever see this lady around this hospital, don't let her enter or else I will not hesitate to fire you." She snarled at the receptionist, her words sounded too harsh and cruel. It was for the first time anyone saw her in public like this. "Y-yes, miss. We will make sure of it." She nervously replied back, bowing multiple times towards her before she disappeared from her vision and pushed Yera out of the hospital, locking the gates.

"Brother, I have told them to never let that bitch appear in front of the hospital." Yakura said out as she walked back towards him with fury in her words. "But you cannot really do that, it's a hospital! Anyone can come in! YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU ARE ONLY MAKING THINGS EVEN MORE DIFFICULT! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE'S GOING THROUGH RIGHT NOW! IT'S NOT LIKE SHE WANTED THAT!" Heeseung yelled at her, his jaw clenched in anger and smacked her right in the face as she held her aching cheek due to pain while Heeseung marched past her, going back to take her. 

He was really worried for her right now. He himself didn't know what he wanted. His mind was simply playing tricks on him. For a second, he hated her, but the other second he found himself being concerned of her. He was gullible. He got out of the hospital to look for her nearby and also inquired about her from the security. They all told that she walked towards left. He took no time to take out his car and revved the engine as he drove away, towards that direction.

From a distance, he could see her, walking slowly and weakly to somewhere she herself didn't know. He honked at her, telling her to stop as he followed her with the minimum speed. "Get into the car." He commanded her in a stern voice. "Taxi!" She waved her hand as she saw a taxi passing by. "STOP THERE!" He shouted for her as he got off the car but in no time, the taxi was out of his vision.

He was worried as to where she will go in this unknown place. He was quick enough to capture the picture of the number plate and told his office to track the car and contact the owner immediately. He wasn't having anymore time as he got called from Yakura.

"He is n-no more, brother.. Come here..right now.." She wailed through the phone call as she kept crying. The thought of Yera was long forgotten as he made a U-turn and drove back at a high speed towards the hospital.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️