𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟- 𝑀𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑐𝑎 𝑚𝑎𝑦ℎ𝑒𝑚

So, as it turned out, Eddie goes absolutely wild in music stores. The pure amount of knowledge that had entered Robin and Steve's mind just to leave it again was absurd. He had told them all about the new albums of the year- the new vinyls, the new cassettes- and in all honesty, Buckley found only about twenty percent of it to be interesting.

She wasn't a massive fan of the heavy metal that Eddie adored- actually, she wasn't a fan of it at all. Quite the opposite, unfortunately for Munson, but he didn't seem to mind that none of the information was being held as long as he was talking to someone. She was happy to pretend to listen, making a deal that in return he wouldn't quiz them both about it later on.

The new store was small, but that didn't mean that there wasn't a wide range. The owner of the building had shoved music forms in wherever they would fit; nooks and crannies, corners, shelves, baskets- and it caused a massive brain fog to whoever was trying to flick through.

Eddie had his arms wrapped around an orangey-coloured vinyl sleeve; the cover being coated in gravestones and destruction. He looked severely happy with his find.

"What'cha got there, Eds?" Robin decided to ask, walking over to him and nudging his arm with her elbow.

He turned instantly, grin wider than it was before.
"This, my friend, is my favourite Metallica album. I had it beforehand, but a certain someone sat on it."

The man looked over to Steve with a displeasing eye.

"-shouldn't of left it on the bed, then."

"The cover is so bright. I still don't know how you managed to miss it."

Robin chuckled at the grudge that he was still holding against Harrington. It was fair, however, since vinyls were terribly expensive.

Eddie swivelled back to Robin with a roll of his eyes and continued speaking.
"Anyway- this-" he paused, turning the cardboard over to the track list on the back, "this is the song that I shredded in the upside down."

His finger pointed to a group of words that read 'Master of Puppets'. Robin smiled. She'd always wished that she was able to hear him play it properly. Dustin was constantly mentioning how 'metal' it had been.

"You'll have to play it again sometime." She decided to suggest, pulling her eyes away from reading the words imprinted on the back of the album.

"I only learnt that in a few weeks, y'know. No sheet music, not much practice- just pure musical genius."

Buckley believed him in the fullest. She knew more than anyone how fun living with musical-ears could be, and how easy it was to pick up on the things that others could spend years on. It caused a half-sad chuckle to erupt from her gut. She hadn't played any instruments in a while.

"I've got some of that, too, if that's interesting to you."

"I know, band-fan Robin Buckley. We ought to play sometime."

"I'm not sure that I know a lot of that metal business, but I suppose that we could find common ground on a song or two."

"You betcha." He smiled. It was a nice smile, not his normal mischievous grin. He seemed genuinely happy with the suggestion that he had made. "You found anything?"

Robin looked down to her empty hands. She hadn't found anything of interest to pick up, so therefore frowned.
"Doesn't seem like it."

"Well, what're you into?" He asked, re-adjusting the item in his arms.

Buckley pondered for a moment, eyes surveying the room for any points of inspiration.
"Um, I don't really know. I tend to play more than I listen to."

"Makes sense. I'll leave you to it, then."

As Robin nodded, she caught eye of Steve, rummaging through a pile of cassette tapes and inspecting one every so often. Eddie shrugged at them both, disapproving of their tastes and wandering off to another shelf.

Once the woman had made the very short walk over to her best friend, she announced her arrival.
"Find anything?"

Steve looked up from his position, immediately looking back down once he had seen that it was only Robin.
"No. They've got a load of the shit that Nance likes, though."

Buckley's stomach sank.
"What?"

"Well, I listen to some of it too, but they were really quite a big one with her."

"Who was?"

"ABBA."

The decision came just as quickly as he had said it. Perhaps, just incase there was still an inch of hard feeling, she could soften it with a gift. A gift to say sorry, and a gift to say thank you for telling her more.

"Give it to me."

"What-"

"Give it, Steve."

And without a second thought, or a moment in which she could change her mind, Robin grabbed the plastic box, marched over to the counter without worrying which album it was or how much it cost, and placed it down on the surface.

The other two followed through, understanding that it was time for them to depart.

The man behind the counter was an older citizen, hair greying and posture slumped. His face was lined with the slightest dent of wrinkles, but his expression looked cheerful, even though they could tell that he was terribly bored.

He grabbed Robin's item and she paid. The cycle continued with Eddie, and then since Steve hadn't found anything for himself, Buckley was able to straight away pocket the tape and head towards the door.

The three of them made it back to the car, piling in and relaxing back into their seats.

Eddie stared at his purchase in the back, eyes glowing with appreciation.
"Thanks, Harrington, for driving me."

"You're welcome."

Munson truly was just like a kid.