Chapter 1

In a world of good and bad, much like our own, things were normal for the day. Crime didn't happen very often, but the people of the town had grown accustom to it by now. After you lived here a couple of years, a couple of guys robbing a bank was nothing new. People knew this, and it made them safer with their money and they had other ways of protecting their own valuables. Everyone knew how to use a gun, even the teenagers knew how to defend themselves if it became necessary, that was just how things functioned around here.

A gunshot sounded, as an alarm went off. A woman stood in the ban, holding a gun to a mans head who was in the bank, but the civilians weren't really worried, not even the cashiers were. Only the cashier that was new to town was scared even the slighest, so she was the one they targeted. One of the men, the one who was watching the cashiers and not back filling the bag, leaned against the counter and looked to the cashier through his mask. "First time?" He asked, not getting much of a response, just a nod from the young woman as he nodded back, looking to his female partner.

She tilted her head, smiling behind the mask as she only had one that covered her eyes, so he could see the smile. "Welcome to town sweetie. You'll adjust to it." The woman greeted sweetly, as if she wasn't currently holding a gun to a mans head and stealing all of the money. She managed a weak smile back as the noise of police sirens got closer and the partner from the back got out, carrying duffle bags filled with money. The woman let the man go after both of the men were behind her as she smiled at everyone there. "Let's go." The man who had been at the counter shouted as the men ran out, the woman trailing behind them. When they got out to the van and the bags were in the car they took off their masks, both men looking at the woman with the scarlet red hair. The first man was tall, he was an older gentleman with auburn hair and beard, someone who looked like the guy to work at the supermarket, not rob banks for a living.

The second gentleman, however, was quite young. While he was only four foot in height, he was a force to be reckoned with. While she feared no man, she would not want to get on his bad side. With his blond hair and green eyes, he looked quite innocent as well, maybe psychotic to some people. The woman was Akasha, a six foot woman with auburn hair and abnormally red eyes that made her pale skin seem even paler under its glow in the dark. With her polite manner and incredible disguises, nobody would ever suspect such an innocent girl to be such a good villain in the hero's eyes. The hero she had her eyes on was a police officer by the name of Zeva Meyer. From her tan skin, to her brown hair and blue eyes, she was gorgeous, sure. But she was a cop, and that was the woman who had been chasing Akasha for months.

When you say someone is obsessed, this girl is the very definition from having pictures of her on the walls to spending every free minute in her chaotic schedule to devoting her time to bringing Akasha, or "Night shade", to justice. The men closed the trunk of the car as they all made eye contact, and all of them pulled their guns on one another, but Akasha was faster, shooting them both to kill. She put her gun back after she knew they weren't getting back up, as she walked over to the elderly gentleman and crouched over his quivering form, convulsing on the sidewalk from the injury. She smiled at him, touching the wound and got blood on her hand before she stood, licking it off of her fingers as she smiled devilishly to the male on the ground. "Should have been quicker." She teased in a low voice as she watched his body slowly go limp before she got in the car, quickly driving away from the scene just as the cops arrived.

She watched in her rear view mirror as the police cars pulled up to the bank, looking back to the road as she smiled to herself. "You are the baddest bitch of all." She told herself silently but quickly slammed on the breaks when a cop car stopped in front of her. Lo and behold, Zeva was in the car. This fact brought a grin to Akasha's face as the woman had her gun pointed, all by herself as Akasha stepped out of the car, having her face one again covered by her mask as she gave the cop a smile of seemingly innocence. The cop looked stunned, so Akasha looked down to see the blood splatter on her clothing that she hadn't realized was there beforehand. She looked back up to make eye contact with the other woman as she smiled once again, simply grabbing her gun out of her pocket and held it up in surrender. "Guess you caught me this time, Miss Meyer." It was obvious she wasn't about to go down that easily, and Zeva didn't lower her gun, knowing that.