Chapter One

Usami's mother threw the luggage from the airport into the small trunk of the white rental car parked outside of the North Las Vegas airport

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Usami's mother threw the luggage from the airport into the small trunk of the white rental car parked outside of the North Las Vegas airport. It would take an hour by car to reach their new home in Death City. The existence of the city was not unknown to Usami. She'd heard many stories from her parents' youth, reminiscing on how they fell in love with each other.

They even attended Death Weapon Meister Academy when they were children. After Sakura became one of Lord Death's Death Weapons, she was stationed in Japan to deal with soul collecting and witch activity. And that was where Usami grew up, trained by her father to be a great meister with her cousin Miyuki who also became her weapon partner. Her mother thought it would be a great idea to enroll them in the DWMA since she was now sixteen.

When Usami spoke with Lord Death after Sakura broke the news, he was more than willing to enroll both girls with open arms. It was to be expected since Usami's mother was among many of his Death Weapons. Who was he to turn away the daughter of such a skilled weapon?

"Tell me again why we hafta to go to Death City. Y'know I hate that place." Their talking cat, Chester, groaned, prancing down the sidewalk outside of their airport. Chester was a short tabby cat with white patches of fur. He claimed he was a human, cursed to the form of a cat for all eternity by the Spider Witch, Arachne, some eight hundred years ago.

"I already informed you once before, Chester. We're moving for the girls. Since Ishimaru's gone, I haven't had much time to instill more training. Plus I think it would be a good experience for them. DWMA is a wonderful school." Sakura looked down at Chester, annoyed by his complaints. Sakura claimed Chester as her pet a year before graduation and he's immortal, so he'll still be here when they die. "Now get your furry butt in the car. School starts in just a few hours."

The time on Usami's phone read 5:35 a.m. The sky was settling into a sunset while the smiling moon was slowly rising, indicating it was getting closer to the city waking up for the new day. Usami didn't have much luck sleeping on the plane, finding it uncomfortable. The seats felt like they were trying to swallow her whole. Too many people inside one space, their souls overpowering her senses. She didn't understand how sensing souls were capable of inducing pain in her mental stability. It was only getting worse, but she couldn't stop. She felt like she was far past breaking down at this point.

"Usami, dear, I forgot to mention earlier! Lord Death informed me that his son volunteered to show you two around campus today. But he said to make sure you come in at exactly eight. Isn't that a nice gesture?" Usami always forgot Lord Death had a son. She didn't even remember his name, nor had she seen any pictures of him. Lord Death's son was such an anomaly that Usami didn't even think to ponder on his existence.

Usami hummed in response, pulling open the passenger's side door and sitting inside the vehicle. Miyuki's thin frame slid into the backseat of the car, fastening her seatbelt. Messy pink tips of hair fell in her eyes while she unsuccessfully tried to brush them away. Miyuki's hair was always wild and unkempt. It was untamable, like the fur of a wild animal. She'd cut it once and never touch a pair of scissors again.

Broken Doll | Soul Eaterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें