35: Haejin

(Chapter - 35)

1 YEAR LATER...

"Your order will arrive shortly, please wait for some time." A formal smile hovered over the brunette's lips as she finally took down the order in a small writing pad. The family nodded their heads as they were being confirmed of the order they placed.

"Order for table number two!" A co-worker named Narae announced as the brunette grabbed the order from the counter and served the customers. "You look too fine to be a waitress here." The lady said as she looked over to the worker with a fine and attractive nose, a captivating pair of eyes, and tranquil characteristics that made her appear modest. Yera's lips drew to a thin line upon hearing her up.

"Certain circumstances compelled me into it." She said as she looked towards her dusty pair of bellies. She was just having a perfect day before this, but it seemed like the memories won't stop haunting her anytime soon. She stood there awkwardly, accepting the meal reviews while tucking back the strand of hair that had fallen across her face.

"Eonni, you should head back now. I will be having double shifts today." Narae smiled at Yera who still had a reluctant expression plastered on her face. It was just not safe for a teenager of her age to head back all alone. They both lived nearby and always went back to their respective houses together. During their walk back home, Yera would oftenly go out and eat ramyeon with her at a compartment store knowing well that she is always insecure about spending money in order to back up her loan debt.

"My brother will be coming here shortly, he will take me back today." She gave her a puppy face as she showed the elder her call log which appeared to be having his brother's name in the recent dial list. "Okay, I am going but if he doesn't come, do call me. Don't you dare come back alone. It's 2 in the morning." Yera chastised her in a friendly manner before leaving the cafe.

Meanwhile...

"Yes, I am going to come to your cafe for sure Deji. I just need to free my schedule out." The person talked to their friend Deji while chuckling lightly as she whined, inviting them to her cafe that was inaugurated just a few months ago.

"Uncle Heeseung! I caught you!" Haejin screamed in his high pitched voice as he tugged at his uncle's feet, who giggled at his actions and lifted him up in the air, rotating around in circles which made the little boy happy. "You told me you were gonna buy me my favourite toy if I would found you." The little boy pouted, folding his arms in front of his chest whilst Heeseung was looking at him adorably, sitting on his knees to match his level.

"Ta-da! Here's my little boy's favourite gun!" Heeseung said cheerily as he fetched for the gift that was kept on the dining table nearby. "Are you for real, brother? Stop spoiling him. I was here to make him feel not over pampered. This is not done." Yakura scolded her brother as she watched the pair playing around with each other. Haejin's father, Haruto was just too much when it came to their son. His son's one wish was his command. "How come uncle won't spoil his little prince, hmm?" He said as he lightly pulled Haejin's chubby cheeks as he smiled at him.

"Send momma back to daddy's house. She is really bad." Haejin cutely looked at her mother as he frowned his eyebrows in anger to which, the mother returned back the same expression. "He inherits this attitude after you." Heeseung giggled as he interrupted the mother and son. "Whatever..." She sighs in disinterest.

"Aunt Sakura!" He immediately sped towards her aunt, tumbling mid-way but when Heeseung was going to help him up, Yakura gestured him a no. She wanted his boy to be tough and strong. "I hope you didn't bring your boyfriend Jungwon along this time." He said to her as Sakura kissed his cheek. Sakura was perfectly cured from her illness, and was currently dating Yang Jungwon who teases Haejin just so much that it annoys the little boy.

"Haejin, don't speak unnecessarily, she is way much elder than you." Yakura scolded her. "Okay, mom." He said obediently as he held his aunt's hand and lead her to where others were seated.

JANG YERA

I know it's been a long time since I have been here. Sorry, I just couldn't make up time to meet you. It's not like I am going to forget you ever. You are a really sweet person. There can be no one like you who I will be able to meet in this life. Furthermore, my guilt still resides deep within my heart, and I will never forget the day I left you and you left me. I will come back to meet you again, my friend, Jakey.

I wish I could go back in time and wouldn't have been rude to you. Only if I could reverse our fate. A tear dropped from her eye as she sat in front of his grave and kept the flowers as she sobbed for a while. Till the sunset, she just gazed into the golden hues of the sky.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

The real sparks between our main leads are yet to start

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️