(01)

A/N: Adam Murray isn't an asshole real!?!? Ghosts real!?!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           Adam looked at his surroundings. Of course, there wasn't much to see in that basement besides an old TV. He's been down there for what, 2, 3 days? Not even he knew. Jonah usually remembered the dates when Adam wouldn't. This would be one of the rare times he actually wanted to hear Jonah's crappy jokes. Maybe, if he listened to Jonah, he wouldn't be in this mess. Maybe, he'd be hanging out with Sarah, enjoying a pizza or something. But, he wasn't. He was trapped in a stupid basement, with nobody to help him. 

          He decided to get up, and try opening the door again. Besides, even if it probably wouldn't even work, what else does he have to lose? As he walked up the stairs, heading for the basement door, he heard a thud, followed by some muttering. Adam decided to try the door before checking out the noise. As per usual, the door wouldn't budge, so he sighed and went back into the basement. When he got back down there, a person was standing in front of the TV. The person has a black censor box covering his face, so Adam couldn't really tell who that was. Adam decided to take note of his appearance. He had a gray hoodie, and brown hair. Similar to how Sarah had her hair when she dyed it for the first time. (Until she decided she looked better as a blonde.) 

         Adam just decided to assume he was staring at him, since there was literally nobody else to look at. "Hey, uh, news flash buddy, you gotta turn the doorknob to actually open the door." The person said sarcastically. "Yeah, uhm, I know how to open a door." Adam replied, with a hint of confusion in his voice. "Apparently not since you've been in my best friend's basement for three fucking days." The other replied. Ouch. Adam thought the person saltier than he was. "You try opening the door if you're so fucking smart." Adam crossed his arms. The other sighed and went to go open the door. "Huh.." "What? Can't seem to find a way to open the door either?" "Sort of, it seems like someone either locked you in from the outside, or we're both fucking stupid."

           Suddenly there was another thud, followed by.. Spanish cuss words? The person who was trying to teach Adam how to open a door ran down stairs to greet the new person. The other person was wearing a suit and his entire face was pitch black, no eyes in sight. He also had black hair, and he seemed very formal. "Puta mierda, Mark! Do you seriously not understand what 'don't talk to the rando in my basement' means!?" So, apparently the person who attempted to teach Adam how to open a door was named 'Mark.' "Calm down, Cesar. He seems chill." "Yeah?What if he's an alternate or something!" Adam just stood there not knowing what to do. "Yo, rando, are you an alternate?" Mark joked.

            Cesar scoffed. "That is not fucking funny." Cesar told Mark. "Okay? I find it funny. It doesn't matter if you don't." Mark said calmly. Adam had been thinking on why the two seemed familiar. Until, it hit him. "Wait, Mark, do you happen to know a Sarah Heathcliff?" "Yeah? That's my sister. How do you know her?" "We're both in the Bythorne Paranormal Society." "What the fuck is that?" "It's a paranormal society? Thought that'd be obvious." Cesar muttered. "So, my sister joined a paranormal society after I died?" Mark asked, ignoring Cesar's comment. Adam nodded. "Is there anyone else in the society? Or is it just you loners?" "There WAS a person named Jonah.. But, I guess my selfishness sent him away." "Oh. Yeah, think it killed him too." Mark said. "Wait, what?"