↠ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Next chapter will be the last and will be out on February 26 :)

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 5, 1969

George hadn't wanted to go on this trip. After the excitement of Alexandria surpassing the thirteen-week milestone in her pregnancy, he didn't want to leave her side. No, he wanted nothing more than to keep her under his arm so that he could be absolutely sure that no harm could come upon her. Even so, Alexandria had bugged him so much that he finally caved and agreed to do a short tour with Delaney and Bonnie. She had even convinced him to let her travel to Liverpool to watch his final show.

Despite her insistence on him going on the tour, Alexandria had, admittedly, been nervous to be on her own. Since reaching her second trimester, the pair had heard their baby's heartbeat for the first time, seen their baby on a grainy ultrasound screen, and most recently, noticed a small bump on Alexandria's frontside. The last development hadn't been noticed by George because of his recent departure, but Alexandria was dying to see his reaction.

And most exciting of all these developments, Alexandria finally allowed herself to feel excitement. Sometimes, she'd have a few questionable symptoms that would leave her holding her breath, but overall, she felt very calm and very optimistic about this pregnancy. It was all starting to feel so real, especially since George had broached the topic of names the night before his leaving for tour, as they lay in bed all night, talking about anything and everything and appreciating each other's company while it lasted.

Now, Alexandria was on a train next to Kathleen—who was also starting to show visible signs of pregnancy, even more so than Alexandria—reading a paperback novel. Being able to experience this pregnancy alongside her sister, who was just about two weeks ahead of her, was delightful. Whenever she had questions, she had someone to go to, someone with fresh knowledge on the topic, and she enjoyed having mutual discussions about how joyous—and sometimes horrible—pregnancy could be.

The hum of the train around her was calming, and the silence in the compartment was serene and kept Alexandria focused on the novel she was reading. She'd been anxious for the past couple of days, annoyed about being alone and desperate to see George again. It had been so long since she'd spent even a week away from him, and she had forgotten how much she hated sleeping alone. It was positively horrible.

The train drew closer and closer to Liverpool, and Alexandria felt a little more excitement every time she looked out the window and saw more familiar landmarks. She'd taken this train to and from Liverpool more times than she could count, and she now knew this route by heart.

On page three-hundred-fifty-two, Alexandria found a fit place to end her reading as she prepared to exit the train alongside her sister. The pair were meant to stay in their childhood home tonight, and tomorrow, George would arrive in Liverpool, where he would promptly drag Alexandria to a hotel, purely to get her alone. She certainly wasn't objecting, either.