Prolouge

A young girl stood on along the edge of the palace walls, guilt consumed her emotions as the sight before her engraved itself into her memory.

Her home was colored in bloody reds and vibrant oranges, disaster leaving its trace within the streets and people around. Her body shook at the horrific sights. Demon like monsters flooded any street, house, shop and park in sight, bringing chaos in their wake. Limp bodies scattered the cobbled streets, sobs of grief from family members surrounding the corpses echoing into the night.

From the distance a voice seemed to call out to her, a sound so comforting for a moment made her forget the unbridled chaos occurring before her.

"We need to leave. We can not stay here any longer."

The maiden turned around, seeing the hidden concern shining in the princess's purple irises. She rarely saw that expression but knew deep down that she was upset at her, and her alone for the mistake she made.

Her heart tugged at the words her dear friend voiced, but shook her head in sorrow.

"I have to help somehow." Her voice quivered wishing the smoke filled air. "I have to do something before our home is consumed by their malicious plans."

The princess let a soft sigh escape her lips, her white dress stained with dark ashes that swept by.

"It will be a suicide mission if you stay here Kanon. I understand your regret but you can not put yourself in danger when the people need us."

"They need you Princess, I serve no purpose unless I am told to be at your side. I have done nothing to stop the chaos happening to our home even with the power I yield so let me do this, please."

A tearful sob shook the young maiden, a sudden warmth flooding her hands as the princess gently interlocked her own.

"You do serve a purpose." The royalty whispered, embracing the younger girl as she trembled. "You protect what is most precious to everyone in this kingdom, even if they many not know it themselves."

Faint partials of light surrounded the duo, purple and pink hues mixing together in between their clasped palms.

"You are the beacon of hope people will look to in the future, and that in itself in an incredible feat."

The maiden gasped at the princess's words, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I-I am?"

The royalty nodded, giving a serene smile hiding the sense of panic she felt as the demon like monsters started to approach the castle.

"Yes but you have to get a move on. Staying here will only make our enemy more rampant and destructive than they already are."

Roaring and the pounding of footsteps shook the land beneath them, startling the young maiden who clutched her arms tightly around the teen.

"I'm not leaving you here by yourself. I'm not going to let you die when I can stop this-"

As the maiden spoke, their light shined brighter, bringing the monster's attention to the beacon shining from the palace high above.

More screams and bellows of pain echoed around the castle, sending a shiver down the duo's spines.

Without a moments hesitation, the princess clasped her hands tightly, pink light escaping from the open crevasses between them.

It took a flash of light for everything to halt in its path, shimmers of the pure magic soared across the darkened skies above as if they were shooting stars passing in the night.

"Wha-"

Before she knew it, the maiden felt herself encased in a warm radiance, her body feeling weightless as she stared to float into the air.

"No no no- stop! Bring me back down! Princess please let me help you!" The maiden begged but her words did nothing as her vision of the chaos in front of her began to shrink.

"I'll see you again Kanon, I promise." The royalty whispered, as a radiant flash of pink light enveloped the surrounding monsters, leaving a warrior standing her place.

Kanon's eyes widened at the sight, watching as the last glimpse of her friend faded into white.

She reached her hand out in one final attempt to reach the one she truly cared about, but her palms no longer could reach the princess but something entirely new in its place.

The girl glanced at the light now hovering over her head, the glistening sphere shining a radiant purple before it cascaded into four more vibrant hues, pink, blue, yellow, and magenta.

Enchanted by the scene before her, the maiden reached her hand out to the light, watching as the lights soon grew in size, revealing unique silhouettes she had heard tales of when she was younger.

Before she had the chance to do anything more, her eyes shot open. Her heart pounded harshly against her chest, tears soaking her cheeks and the cold metal chains she was bound to.

It had been a year since that horrible event, since she had been captured. After waking up from the same dream over and over, fear and guilt shook her body, yet this time, she felt a sense of wonder and security.

The girl's hand traced over the faint engraving on her hand, a small bud of hope bringing a trace of a smile to her lips.

"The PrettyCure... they are really coming back?"