Prologue

.
.
.

Once Upon A Time...

On a very starry night, the stars shine brightly through the rectangular window. The sound of the fireplace consumed the silence of the room. On the purple wallpaper with decorative flower-like stars, a small Symbol of Yoba was hung high. There on the blue bed, an old man with a huge beard wearing green lies. Just on the end of his bed, on the other side of the room was a desk and chair, with a decorative plant. Beside the furniture, to the right there is a singular sofa, where a young man is sitting. He wore a blue, space-like outfit with short pants. His hair was silver like an old man, yet it shines like a star. His eyes were dark purple, and he bore golden earings.

The young man sat on the sofa, as a few people left the room, the old man finally spoke;

"...and for my very special grandson: I want you to have this sealed envelope."

The silver haired guy stood up, and he went to his grandfather's side. He took the purple sealed envelope from his grandfather, intending to open it, however he was stopped.

"No, no, don't open it yet... have patience."

His grandfather spoke in a weak raspy voice.

"Now, listen closely..."
"There will come a day when you feel crushed by the burden of modern life..."
"...and your bright spirit will fade before a growing emptiness."
"When that happens, my boy, you'll be ready for this gift."
"Now, let grandpa rest..."

The silver haired grandson clenched his teeth as the old man breathed his last air.

.
.
.
.

XX Years Later...

Inside the Joja Corporation Headquarters, the same silver haired young man is sat within an office room with three other people, spaced out so that their desk is two meters apart. The young man seems to be focused on his job, typing in and working on god knows what for whatever is necessary to this corporation. He sighed, and laid his head down on the desk. He stretches out his body, and takes a look at his colleagues. One two meters to his right, another two meters in front of him and the last one two meters beside the one in front of him.

.        .

.        .

(Like that)

He stared at them, wondering and pondering about something. Alas, he opened a drawer that's below his desk, and in it there was the envelope his grandfather had given him many years ago. He stared at it, wandered for a bit, and finally opened it.

.
.

Dear Joseph,

If you're reading this, you must be in dire need of a change.

The same thing happened to me, long ago. I'd lost sight of what mattered most in life... real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong.

I've enclosed the deed to that place... my pride and joy: Oedethius Farm. It's located in Stardew Valley, on the southern coast. It's the perfect place to start your new life.

This was my most precious gift of all, and now it's yours. I know you'll honor the family name, my boy.
Good luck.

Love, Grandpa.

P.S. If Lewis is still alive say hi to the old guy for me, will ya?