ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴ

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Liyue was filled with many sounds.

The merchants yelling out into the crowd, beckoning them to come forth and buy their goods. Dock workers and sailors alike laughing, telling tales of the seas. The never-ending chit chat of the masses that busily occupied the roads.

It was unlike Mondstadt's noise.
You quite prefered Mondstadt.

"The Rite of Descension... seems like it'll be our only shot to meet up with the Geo Archon, Rex Lapis." Paimon said, recalling what Venti had told them back at Windrise. Back when he was still on good terms with Lumine. You nodded, pushing your thoughts to the side, folding up the map and sliding it into your backpack.

"I don't think he mentioned where to exactly it was though." Lumine spoke, hand tightly grasping yours as you made your way through the crowded harbour. Lumine felt that if she let go of your hand for even a second, someone would come and steal you away from her. And that wasn't going to happen. Not even over her dead body, she swore.

You took hold of Lumine's scarf, tugging it gently. "Maybe we should ask around...? Surely the residents of Liwee would know something?" you suggested, only Lumine needed to hold back a chuckle. "It's Liyue." She corrected, smiling.

"Liyue?"
"No, Liyue."
"....Liyue?"
"Mhm, good job."

After a bit of asking around, you found that the Rite was to be held at a place called Yujing Terrace, one of the highest points in Liyue Harbour. You also heard that Rex Lapis was going to descend as a dragon-like entity, a symbol of Liyue; that was the most exciting part for you. You'd always wondered what a dragon was like- having missed the opportunity to see Dvalin.

Though, Liyue dragons and Mondstadt dragons might be different. Perhaps you could just ask your resident Archon friend Venti if you could meet Dvalin. Maybe pet Dvalin too. For science, of course.

"Oh, I'm done wishing. Here take these and make your wishes; think of it as a 'welcome to Liyue' thing." the woman, who you had just noticed through your dragon-petting fantasies, handed Lumine two slips of paper to offer at the incense alters. Lumine made her wish- you assumed it was to find her brother- and handed you the other one.

"Here, I don't need two wishes." She said, leaving you to your prayers. 'Uh, Adeptle? I think that's what they're- NO it's uh, Adept...i. yeahhh adepti sounds better.' you thought, 'I wish.... for my memories.' that seemed like a good thing to wish for, you concluded. Not having any memories was a pain, you figured you had a history and god damn it you wanted to know what it was.

Lumine smiled as you furrowed your eyebrows in concentration while you made your wish to the adepti. She assumed you thought that she had wished to find her brother; and it this were about a month ago, you'd be right. But it was not her wish. For she had already found her brother.

Her dear brother working with the abyss.
Her dear brother leading the whole damn abyss.

But you didn't need to know that, Lumine concluded. She needed to hold on to every little thing she could use to keep you by her side. Even if that meant abusing your sympathetic nature with lies and deception. Even if it meant a few people had to die at her hand. She quite enjoyed that last part actually-

"The time is upon us."

Lumine was brought back to reality by the voice of the Tianquan calling out to the gathered crowd, silence immediately befalling the area. You looked on in anticipation, much like the others in Yujing Terrace.

Paimon floated closer to the front easily, while you and Lumine had to squeeze in through the tiniest gaps between people- muttering various apologies and trying to catch up.

The Tianquan brought her hands together, back turned to the crowd and facing the alter. Three rocks, magical rocks you noticed, inserted themselves into the alter, and a giant hole in the sky made itself known.

A part of you really wondered how that even worked-

You would've started asking more questions, when suddenly a shadow emerged from the opening in the sky. The aura of excitement in the crowd was almost suffocating, but it was quickly replaced.

"Rex Lapis has been killed, seal the exits!"

A giant body had fallen out of the sky, collapsing onto the table of offerings. The crowd seemed to be in shock at the turn of events, horrified whispers could be heard and a woman in the front row even fainted.

Paimon started to whisper to you and Lumine as well. "...what....what just happened?!" She whisper-yelled, while Lumine mentally prepared herself to get involved in another nation's bullshit.

"Look, the Millilth are interrogating the ones that got close..." Paimon had observed, seeing the soldiers apprehend a few of the civilians. You had a hand on your chin, "Does that make us suspects too?" You wondered aloud.

This probably made Paimon panic more.

Before you knee it, Lumine had grabbed your hand once more and pulled you away, holding a finger over her lips to tell you to be silent so as to avoid capture.

You were kind of confused, surely you had nothing to worry about- innocent until proven guilty, and your party had done nothing wrong. So running from the Millilth would make you seem much more suspicious wouldn't it?

Nevermind, you didn't have much of a say in the matter. Surely Lumine had her reasons.

Lumine managed to bring you and Paimon safely out of Yujing Terrace, and was about to sneak past the stairs and into the harbour, but she stepped on a twig. The loud snap brought attention to your trio, the guards turning and initiating pursuit.

You and Lumine raced down the stairs, with Paimkn floating slightly behind. The mililith were clever though, it seemed, as you were soon surrounded, nowhere to go unless you wanted to risk breaking your legs jumping off the platform. Lumine drew her sword, when..

"Hey girlie, hold still."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

BACK FROM THE FCKING DEAD
LESGOOOO

no, im sorry for my absence guys, wattpad's writing function was gliching out on me.

DELETED THIS WHOLE CHAPTER TWICE
And also, no motivation so

You can guess how that combo worked out hm?

Anyways, I got scaramouche 💪
Saving for Xiao's rerun
I have 15k primos but I need 25k

So I'm just yk
Grinding my ass off everyday too

I hope you guys are okay
Byeeeee