1

Ali slammed the bedroom door as she shoved her backpack to the floor. Tears were already making way down their cheeks. "I'm so tired of this," they whimpered. "I'm so fucking tired living in this god damn hell of a reality!  All I do is play by the rules and pray that it is good enough for others! I'm not enough, and I can't keep pretending that I am. I can't fucking do it anymore! ... I am not going do it anymore."

The demigirl looked into their eyes in the mirror. "What if thing were different," one mind voice suggested. "What do you mean," the second voice questioned.

Alex and Ria were their names. Alex tended to be the more pessimistic one. The "rational" voice in the heads of most. Ria was the optimistic one. She'd always been the main choice maker until Alex suddenly appeared. They apparently came with growing up, although Alex claims they were always there.

"I mean that we can find a way to live a better reality. One where you don't have to suffer all the time." "You usually like watching me fall apart." "Yes, but this is getting on my nerves too. As the brains I know that we *cough* you *cough* can't keep up with attempting to be a perfect person. We need to find an escape out if this hell house."

Ali took a glance out the bedroom window. She was going to change this herself.

No matter what.