𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛- 𝐵𝑦𝑒𝑟𝑠, 𝐵𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑙𝑒𝑦

Will and Robin were walking the streets of Hawkins. They had passed the main section, and were now making a straight direction towards the entrance of the local park.

It was odd to see them together again, but since there was a lack of anyone who could hang out, it seemed only obvious that he should've been the one that she invited.
And therefore, she did.

It had been a few days since the event, but still, the whole thing was hot on her mind. Funnily enough, though, she didn't think that time would be the thing to clear it. It was permanent; riddled into her mind like a mental disease.

Buckley and Byers had been talking about anything and everything- what they'd been up to, what they were looking forward to- and it had been quite nice to simply walk and get to know each other.
It was truly a mystery as to why they hadn't communicated much beforehand.

The two conspired nothing but familiarity.

Hawkins' park wasn't ever so busy, but still, a fair few people moped around with their heads held low and carefully. The heat was a bearable temperature, unlike some of the days previously, so the walkers were happy.

As words came to a close, Will opened them again. He seemed fidgety... uncomfortable.

"I spoke to Jonathan the other day."

Robin turned.

"Did you? That's nice."

"Yeah... he still seems really weird for some reason. Did I mention that to you before? That he's been acting strange?"

Buckley bit the inside of her lip. Every conversation recently had revolved back to either Jonathan or Nancy.

"Yeah, you did."

"Like, I asked if he'd spoken to Nancy recently and he just completely cut me off. He's making me feel like I've done something wrong."

"I know the feeling."

Pause.

"Do you think they've broken up?"

The question seemed deadly- the answer burning on her tongue as if wanting escape. She wanted so desperately to tell, to stop it from hurting others like it had hurt her. Will was falling victim under the trap of the Wheeler-Byler breakup, but Robin wasn't going to save him- she was going to take cover and wait until the storm was over.

"I'm not sure. Maybe."

"Perhaps I could ask."

"Perhaps you could."

Robin didn't want him to ask. She saw visions of the boy saying something along the lines of 'me and Robin were-' and having him drag them both down completely. She stayed quiet, though.
Being quiet always worked.

"Maybe I shouldn't, though. I don't know how Jonathan would react- with his state at the moment, that is. I don't want to end up regretting it. He's my brother, after all."

It made sense- Robin knew about that first hand. She had many occasions stored in her mind where she had asked past her limit, talked past her welcome. They were horrible to think back upon.

They both continued walking, up until Will spoke again.
"Have you ever said anything that you regret?"

Her stomach sank. She began twisting cautiously with the rope-bracelets around her wrist.

"Yeah, uh, there was one pretty recently, actually."

"Oh. Did it get a bad reaction?"

"Not as much of one as I was expecting. It's kinda worrying me, to be honest."

"I've had a few like that. Even though some of them happened years ago now, they just keep repeating. Some even have me wondering if Vecna's still around."

"Because they seem so real?"

"Yeah."

"Do you think he's still around?"

A moment of pure anxiety.

"No. He's gone now. I don't feel anything anymore."

Robin swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat.
"Well, that's good to know."

"Yeah. Suppose it shows that all bad things pass."

"That's reassuring."

"It is, isn't it."

It truly was. To hear that from a boy who had had some of the worst experiences of them all really helped the situation. If he could get up and move on (to a point) from something as horrifying as that, then so could Robin.
A reaction to being gay had nothing on a week in the upside down.

The two of them continued their walk.

-

"Where've you been?" Steve asked as Robin walked up the driveway.

He was leaning on his car bonnet in front of her house, arms crossed and body slanted. She didn't know how long he had been waiting, but she could only assume that it was quite a while.

"I went on a walk."

"Alone?"

"Am I not allowed to do that?"

Steve chuckled.
"No, of course not. I've been put under strict instruction to keep you on a tight leash, y'know."

"Oh yeah? Who by?" She too crossed her arms.

"Chief of police."

"Ooh, intimidating."

"Going to have to report you for that one, I'm afraid."

The two of them stunted a laugh.
"Cuff me up and lock me away, officer Harrington."

Robin pulled her arms forward and placed together her wrists in a mocking, arresting movement. Steve waved her off.

"Anyway, I've been with Will."

The man blinked.
"Well, he's last person I was expecting you to say."

"I know, right? He's a good kid."

"Quiet one."

"For sure. We contrast pretty well, though. Did I tell you that he came here the other week? Just out of nowhere?"

"Seriously?"

Robin reached into her pocket for the house keys.
"Yeah, called me out as lonely and everything."

Harrington basically snorted in response.
"Damn!"

"Modest."
She placed the keys into the lock, twisting and turning until the door became loose. When it had, she turned back.
"Come on then, Stevie. In you get."