102| The Eskimo

At school, Zoey sat in her normal spot in History when the bell rang, letting Mr. Feeny know he only had five minutes left of class. He decided to finish the discussion as he began to hand out graded assignments.

"An interesting thing happened when I was grading this assignment, Mr. Hunter, yours wasn't there." Mr. Feeny pointed out.

"Oh, I-I can explain that." Cory spoke on behalf of his best friend like he always did.

"I was speaking to Mr. Hunter." Mr. Feeny said sternly.

"Well, See, Shawn and I, we think so much alike that decided to write one paper." Cory explained, chuckling, obviously proud of their idea.

Mr. Feeny raised an eyebrow, clearly not amused. "Really?"

Cory nodded. "Yeah."

"Then you won't mind sharing your grade." Mr. Feeny said.

Cory and Shawn shared a look and shook their hands.

"Alright, so what do we get?" Shawn asked with a smile.

"Well, this was a well-thought-out paper." Mr. Feeny commented as he looked over the essay quickly. "It deserves a B."

Shawn nodded. "Very fair."

"Divided by two." Mr. Feeny added and ripped the essay right down the middle, handing one half to each of them. "That makes a D for you and a D for you."

"Well actually, a B is an eighty-six." Zoey informed with a tight smile. "And eighty-six divided by two is forty three, so it's lower than a D which is a sixty-seven to sixty-nine."

Mr. Feeny gave her a pointed look. "Do you think you know grading averages better than I do, Miss Francis?"

"No, sir." Zoey muttered quickly, looking down.

"Still fair." Shawn said as he accepted the assignment.

"Hey!" Cory complained, clearly upset by the pout on his lips. "But Mr. Feeny. Come on. It's the middle of our senior year, okay. Why are you being so tough on us with the assignments?"

"You know, you're right. Let's forget about those D's and take Miss Francis' suggestion instead. Make it two F's." Mr. Feeny decided casually.

Topanga's eyes widened. "No! Don't fail them. Zoey didn't mean it-"

"But he was wrong." Zoey pointed out. "A D isn't half of a B."

"Ah! The third and fourth Beatle chimes in." Mr. Feeny sarcastically said.

"An F followes you around for the rest of your life." Topanga told their teacher.

"Okay, we'll take your D's." Cory decided with a smirk. "Our college applications are already in."

"Yeah, well, yours are." Shawn grumbled under his breath as he leaned down in his seat.

Zoey's eyebrows furrowed in shock as she turned to face her boyfriend. "What? You haven't sent your college applications in. Shawn, I filled them out for you."

Shawn rolled his eyes and let out a huff. "Zo, don't start, okay? What's the point? People like me don't go to college."

"Do your assignments, Mr. Hunter, and you'll go to college." Mr. Feeny told him sternly.

"And if I get in, how am I supposed to afford it, huh?" Shawn snapped. "There's.... There's just so many things standing in the way. Besides, I mean, why are we doing all these assignments? They're just busy work. What's left to learn?"

Mr. Feeny immediately snapped his head towards the teenage boy.

Cory gulped nervously, his face terror-stricken at the look on their teacher's face. "Uh, Mr. Feeny, he just means that, uh, we-we've been here four years, and there's nothing really left that you can teach us."