𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡- 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑢𝑐𝑘

Steve had relaxed onto the couch and Robin had joined at the side of him, staring out of the open window and watching any stray birds float by.

Their previous role-played cop and criminal act had been dropped a while before, and Harrington hadn't asked any more about the meeting. Thankfully, he'd also forgotten about the main purpose of the last. Perhaps it wouldn't be long until he announced the next.

Robin turned her head and chewed the inside of her lip. She didn't really want to wait until he remembered to mention- she just wanted to get it over with. So therefore, Buckley asked.

"Any plans for the next?"

Harrington paused for a second, waiting for the words to process before he turned to her.

"What?"

"The next date, Dingus."

"Ohh," he dragged out his word, humming slightly in thought, "well, uh, do you remember Heidi? I've told you about her before."

Robin nodded with a slight roll of her eyes.
"Yeah."

"She's back in town for a while. A break from college, or something."

"And... you're saying?"

"That I'm going to have another go. The only reason it fell through last time was because she was leaving for some stupid added education."

"Of course. So, you got anything planned?"

Steve nodded slightly, opening his jaw to begin talking again.
"Movie night at mine? -since we've already been to the actual cinema. You and Nance can still come along, of course- in fact, invite anyone."

The mention of Nancy made Robin ever-so-slightly nervous. As long as the movie was playing, though, they didn't have to speak... so, perhaps it was a good icebreaker.

"Even Dustin?" She smirked, nudging Harrington in the elbow as he tutted and rolled his eyes.

"Even Dustin."

"Brilliant. Well, that's sorted, then. When were you thinking?"

He started to toy with the fabric on his sleeve.
"Dunno. Could ask if she wants to come over tomorrow- if that works for you guys?"

"Yeah, of course it does. Let me guess- six again?"

"It's become a bit of a pattern, hasn't it?"

"Certainly has. It's alright, though, because if anyone forgets, it's easy to remember an always-set time."

"Suppose so."

Robin smiled.
"Okay, so- your house, tomorrow, six again."

"Yup- I'll let you know if it falls through."

"Yeah, please do. Don't think I could stand showing up to your house with no purpose."

"Ha ha, very funny."

Robin chuckled at his sarcastic response, flicking his stomach and making him squirm as he hunched.

Steve turned to her with a fake shocked expression, readying his hand to flick her back.
"Stop hitting me, you shit-"

And just like that, the two started play fighting as if they were kids. Buckley laughed as she dodged his swipes of violence, returning the gesture and aiming perfectly every time.

"Steven Harrington- you aren't meant to hit a lady."

"Pfft, you're hardly a lady."

"Rude."

"It's the truth." He snickered back, shoving his hand onto her forehead so she could no longer reach to retaliate.

The woman gave up fight with crossed arms and a frustrated tut, leaning against the back of the couch with an added huff.

"You suck." She jeered.

"Not more than you do."

"Dingus."

"Bitch."

The two stopped for a moment, the length between bursting out with laughter or not becoming unbearably shorter. They turned to each other, eyes watering with the threat of an outburst, and when they met view, it happened.

A wheeze of almost intense emotion erupted from them both, hands gripping stomachs and bodies folding. They went on for a moment, eyes closing and legs bending until the stream of laughter came to an end.

Robin rolled her eyes.
"God, you're unbearable."

"And you're acting like you're not exactly the same."