one

" and... done! "

the soft voice of a boy was the first thing they heard as they came to consciousness. they felt their blue raspberry flavored hair being molded to cover something on the back of their head, and they tilted their head upward to look at the boy- who wore a crown and was made of bubblegum- who came ariund from behind them.

" who am i? and who are you? " they spoke, their fluffy cotton candy head then tilting to the side. the bubblegum boy thought for a moment, before speaking, " you.. are lane. " he concluded, " and i, am prince gumball! " he smiled widely.

" lane. " the cotton candy person spoke, fluffy finger pointing to themselves. " gumball. " the fluffy finger pointed to the bubblegum prince. prince gumball nodded, " yes, yes! " he beamed, taking lane's hand in his. the cotton candy hand densed, and lane jumped in surprise, " my hand! " they exclaimed.

" your hand is okay! " prince gumball reassured, letting go of their hand, " just wait a moment, " he smiled softly, and after a moment, their hand popped back into a fluffy state. land sighed in relief, and they stood up from the table they had come to life on. their cotton candy legs wobbled, and the gumball prince lightly kept them up to prevent their fluff from compressing, " you're good.. it'll just take you a while to get used to walking.. you are lighter than a feather after all, " he spoke softly, " but i'll be here every step of the way. you are my creation after all. "