First Day of School

Childhood Friends

Chapter 1

I was getting ready for school, it was our third year of Kitagawa Daichi. My best friends, Iwaizumi Hajime and Oikawa Tooru went with me as we were the same age. We all played volleyball, but I was on the girl's team.

"Ichiyo! Tooru-kun and Hajime-kun are here!"

I put my bag on one shoulder and left my room, closing the sliding door. I walked over to see Iwaizumi and Oikawa by the front door. I grinned as they were standing by the door. I waved. "Hey, Iwa-kun. 'Kawa." Ever since we were kids when Oikawa called Iwaizumi, "Iwa-chan", I called him "Iwa-kun" and Oikawa, "'Kawa". Iwaizumi usually went with an affectionate insult. But, he would never admit that.

"Ichi-chan, are you ready to go?"

I smirked. "We all know you take a longer time to get ready than I do, 'Kawa." Iwaizumi chuckled and Oikawa sent me a huffy glare. I just grinned back. I called. "Bye, Mom! I have club today!"

She called back. "Alright, come home right after!"

"I will!" I walked out with my two friends, walking in between them. Oikawa was talking about a new alien move that was coming out. Iwaizumi sighed. "I guess we're seeing it?"

Oikawa sent him a look. "Of course, Iwa-chan! I didn't know you were this dumb. Did you, Ichi-chan?"

I laughed, seeing the vein on Iwaizumi's forehead. "Nope, but Iwa-kun can be slow."

"You little..."

I lurched forward with a grin, but Iwaizumi managed to smack us both in the back. I smirked. "Ow, Iwa-kun."

"Iwa-chan!"

Iwaizumi shook his head. "Shut up, idiots. Let's go before we are late."

We were in front of the school, stopping. We both had morning practice and afternoon later. I yawned, excited to start practice. "Okay, I'll see you in class, Iwa-kun, 'Kawa."

Iwaizumi gave me a light tap to my shoulder. "See ya, Taka. Don't be late." My surname was Takahashi, but like I shortened Oikawa's name, Iwaizumi shortened mine.

"Bye, Ichi-chan. Iwa-chan's right, Ichi-chan or should I say, Captain?"

I stiffened my shoulders, feeling my face get hot. I was promoted to Captain at the end of last year, just like Oikawa was and how Iwaizumi was Vice Captain. "Oh, shut up."

I walked inside and heard my two friends laughing from behind me. I walked into the locker room for us girls and waved at a couple of volleyball players on my team. "Good morning!"

"Hello, Captain!"

It was Yamashiki Aiko (2nd Year), Moriki Ayame (2nd Year) and Shikimoto Ryuko (Third Year), who was the Vice Captain and setter. I played wing spiker, Yamashiki and Moriki were middle blockers. I tugged my shirt off and put my gym clothes on, putting my school clothes in a locker and slipping on my gym shoes. I combed my short brown hair back, seeing my light tan from playing outside during the summer and grey eyes in the mirror.

Yamashiki had a medium height with long black hair and brown eyes with tan skin. Moriki had lighter brown hair with green eyes with lighter skin. Shikimoto was also tan with dark hair and brown eyes.

I beamed at them. "Let's go!"

Shikimoto rubbed her forehead. "It's too early for this, Takahashi."

I wrinkled my nose. "No, it's not. Isn't that right, Yamashiki?"

She stiffened. "Uh...I, Takahashi-senpai-"

"Stop that, Takahashi, you're making her nervous."

I chuckled. "Sorry." I waved them over and walked into our gym. The boy's team had the other volleyball court. Since we were known for our volleyball team, we had two courts. I jogged over to the court and saw the rest of the team. "Hey, everyone!"