~Family Reunion...Well, At Least Some Of The Family (Kam)~

kam request by bloomingclover4leaf with a small side of fedex

major fluff, some tam angst with his family, mai song and keefe sencen duo supremacy

also posted in my tumblr account, which is in my bio!

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF DOMESTIC ABU$E, BE SAFE!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Tam's POV✩

"Take that, you hooligan!"

The bright yellow beach ball knocks me on the head. It doesn't hurt much, but I am in a relatively good mood today- or as good as I can possibly be. I crumple to the ground onto the soft black sand of the Shores of Solace, letting out a sigh of defeat. A boy with bubblegum pink hair snickers from behind me.

I throw the beach ball at Fitz's head. He doesn't bother pretending to be hurt; he just laughs at me and Keefe.

"Ow," he giggles, throwing the beach ball back into Keefe's hands and plopping down on the soft ash-colored sand. He frowns, glancing at the pretentious mansion behind him. "How long do we have to do this?"

"Until Dad of the Year gets officially pissed." Keefe ruffles his sunny blonde hair and copies Fitz's frown. "Weird. He seems to be having more patience than usual today."

"I think you're making progress," I offer, pointing at the highest window where Lord Cassius, my boyfriend's father, rests his pathetic little feet. "See those curtains? He just closed them, but he can't block out the sound. It's only a matter of time before he caves."

"You would be making a point if you didn't say that half an hour ago. Besides, it's- what three hours till dinnertime? I have to get ready for a date," Fitz complains.

"Who takes three hours to get ready?" I mutter to myself, but loud enough for Keefe to hear.

"Fitz, apparently," Keefe snickers. Fitz flushes a dark crimson.

"For the record, your hair looks fine," Ro says from a bright green beach towel several feet away from us. "But if you want me to style it better-"

"I'm good, thanks," Fitz says before Ro could suggest some of her ideas. "But something tells me I'd look better without maggots burrowing into my scalp."

"Not maggots!" she corrects indignantly. "Just bacteria!"

"Very big bacteria," Keefe jokes. Fitz sighs in exasperation.

"Where do you have your date with Dex anyway?" I ask.

"Rimeshire," Fitz boasts before his mind could process my words well enough to correct himself. His face reddens the more Keefe rolls on the sand in laughing tears.

"Alright, you can go put your non-maggots in your hair if you'd like, Fitzy," Keefe teases. "No one's forcing you to be here."

"Considering Dex's questionable taste," Ro says, wrinkling her nose at Fitz, "maybe he would like maggots."

"Oooh, how well do maggots get along with tomples?"

"Alright, screw you guys," Fitz scoffs, holding up his leaping crystal to the sky. "Good luck on being a disappointment." And with those happy words, he glitters away into the afternoon sun.

"Alright, should we keep playing?" I am surprised to see Keefe looking at where Fitz used to stand with a wistful expression. Adopting an expression of concern, I sit up and walk over to him, resting a hand on his shoulder.