105| Torn Between Two Lovers (Feeling Like A Fool)

At school, Zoey had her bag slugged over her shoulders as she stood in the hallway with Shawn and Cory. It had been a few days since Cory and Topanga had talked, and it seemed that Shawn was taking this harder than them.

"You and Topanga can't be apart like this. It's giving me a heart attack." Shawn complained, placing a hand over his heart.

"Well, maybe they wouldn't be in this position if you didn't give Cory the worst advice in the world." Zoey said, giving her boyfriend a pointed look.

Cory sighed and closed his locker. "I didn't even do anything, okay? I meet one other girl, I talk to her, and I get a little thank-you note."

"Cory, she wrote you the most passionate love letter I've ever read that didn't start with 'dear Shawn'." Shawn said. Zoey glared at him before elbowing him in the side. He groaned in pain, rubbing his sore side. "What? It's true."

The three of them walked over to the couch in the school's hallway.

"I can't control what another person puts in a letter, Shawn. Now, Topanga knows that." Cory said before sitting down on the couch.

Shawn sat down beside his best friend and gave him a pointed look. "Okay, it's been raining for seven days. How do you explain that?"

"Warm air meets a low pressure system?" Cory guessed.

"Wow, you actually paid attention in our Weather and Climate class?" Zoey asked with a teasing smirk.

"Wrong!" Shawn exclaimed, ignoring both of them. "It's raining because god is crying. And he's crying because he created you and Topanga to be the role model of the perfect couple for the entire world."

"I thought that was you two?" Cory asked, glancing between Shawn and Zoey.

Shawn scoffed. "Come on, Cor. We're obviously the most perfect couple in all of existence which includes your little crummy world."

The bell rang which meant class.

"Shawn, Topanga's angry at me. What are you so upset about?" Cory questioned.

"Because, you know, you two are my best friends and are perfect for one another. You and Topanga were made for each other and it hurts seeing the two of you like this." Shawn answered.

"Shawn, I didn't do anything, okay? I fell off a bus. I sat on a couch. I talked to some girl. I didn't write that letter and she kissed me." Cory said firmly.

"Cory, a guy can do no better than Topanga Lawrence." Shawn reminded. Zoey pursed her lips and smacked him up the head. "And Zoey Francis."

Cory nodded. "Yeah, I know that."

"Then be at Chubbie's after school." Shawn told him.

••••

Zoey had decided to support Topanga and let Shawn wait with Cory at Chubbies. Zoey opened the door for her best friend before following her inside.

They entered the restaurant together and walked down the stairs to see the girl from the lodge, Lauren talking to Cory. Zoey's eyes widen and shook her head in disbelief. The two girls slowly made their way over to them.

"Lauren, I'm meeting Topanga here, okay? I don't want her to see us together." Cory said, trying to send her away.

"Can't always get what you want." Topanga said from behind him. She sadly turned to Shawn. "Strike three."

Zoey gave Cory a disappointed look while Topanga began to make her way up the stairs to leave Chubbies.

"Topanga, I'm sorry." Cory apologized, catching up to her. "It didn't mean what it sounded like, okay? I had no idea she was gonna be here."