✦ . KHARDIMIA: Ⅲ. ꒦꒷

khardimia: act iii.
꒷꒦ hunting-haunting 𓏲 ࣪₊༞

NOT UPDATED!!!

・୨・┈┈・୨ Ⅰ. ୧・┈┈・୧・

Blah blah blah.

I was barely even listening to the speeches... It felt like the priest's speech at a wedding, if you know what it's like. Who even has the patience to attentively listen to the whole thing?

Sighing, I started tuning the voices out. While I had time, I inspected characters. Specifically, my family.

Aldrich is someone who cares about his children, but can't seem to show it correctly. He doesn't see the good in him and has great expectations of himself. Oftentimes, he decides to grief his losses with alcohol. 'Drink to forget' is his motto.

Madeline is... I can't quite read her well. She seems more cruel than Eris was, and I feel as though Eris got her bad influences from her. She was far too prideful, an egoistic noble who thought those beneath her should bow at her feet. She never acknowledged when her children did great things, but always used their every little flaw as an excuse to hit and scold them — sometimes, to even publicly embarrass them.

Kyou was a cheerful boy, your average annoying little brother, the one you would always say is a headache but you still love him. It changed shortly after he started to grow, and he was forced to train and engage in things he didn't like. A child forced to grow up too fast. Bits and remnants of his old self are still there, but there's no turning back. He keeps to himself more and acts polite, but probably doesn't even know what his personality is. He's indecisive, too used to being told what to do to think for his own.

Both children favoured their father, both children hated their mother. At some point, Eris lost hope in a 'healthy family' and turned her back on both her parents and her brother, just as they did to her. Kyou, on the latter, put his passion into that same goal that Eris once tried to reach. Of course, there was no hope. Still, he kept trying.

Aldrich kept an eye on Kyou more, Madeline kept an eye on Eris more. This may have been what resulted in her actions. Eris was punished more than her brother, and she likely envied him because he was closer to their father.

Eris always wanted her father's attention.

She wanted his approval.

She wanted him to care.

Just like I did...

Eris is just like me. This time, I won't let her go down the same path I did. I'll have people who care about me, people that will love me and stay by my side even if others turn their backs on me.

Even if... that means ruining the story. Even if that means I have to manipulate people.

To avenge the little girl that was ruined by society.

"...And a huge thank you to my lovely daughter, Eris, for bringing such good fortune to our family."

I was brought back to the event upon the mention of my name. It was Madeline, how disgusting. To call me your 'lovely daughter', but to have ruined my chance at a good future until I took action.

A glare was all I gave her, but she didn't even bother to look at me once. Just another hint that her words were insincere.

I let out a huff, standing up once the feast began. Servants started to place dishes of delicacies on tables, and guests began to dine.

Earlier on, I was the 'main star' of the event. It had been announced that I was the main reason that the contract was made, and I was forced to greet every noble that entered the castle.