✦ . KHARDIMIA: Ⅴ. ꒦꒷

khardimia: act v.
꒷꒦ justice will be served 𓏲 ࣪₊༞

NOT UPDATED!!!

・୨・┈┈・୨ Ⅰ. ୧・┈┈・୧・

"ERIS!"

A terrifying voice woke me up so early in the morning. Madeline, what a hassle. I yawned, sitting up.

She barged into my room, slamming the door open. Behind her, Louis seemed like he wanted to cry. He had a cut on the side of his cheek.

"Louis! What happened?!" I tried to reach for him, but the woman harshly pulled on my hair.

"DO YOU THINK YOU CAN INVITE PEASANTS TO LIVE HERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?! You waste of a daughter! Do you not know respect?! I raised you better than this, Eris! Not just that, BUT YOU BEAT A BOY IN A SPARRING MATCH?! You're a lady, ACT LIKE ONE!"

She pulled even harder, before slamming my head against the wall, finally letting go. Louis only stared, guilty and afraid.

I felt a wound open, and blood was spilling out.

I felt the trickles of velvet red make its way down my forehead, and onto my lips.

But, it didn't hurt.

Madeline stared at me, as if she expected me to apologise.

"E—Eris-dama... I'm so s—" Louis tried to step in, only to be harshly pushed away, until he fell with a thud on the floor.

Deep breaths, Averil.

Someday, you will be the one to have this woman's head.

I smiled at the thought.

"Brat! What are you smiling about?! Stay there until you learn your lesson!"

She went to grab Louis off the ground, picking him up by the collar, nearly choking him.

"You know, this kingdom doesn't need a queen like you who doesn't do anything."

Louis closed his eyes out of fear, and Madeline stared at me.

"What did you just say?"

My mouth trembled from how difficult it was for me to suppress a smile.

"I made my point clear, no? But I'll simplify it for you; Khardimia has no need for a useless ruler. Your worth is nothing but lower than a peasant's life."

She harshly threw the injured boy onto the floor of my bedroom, slammed the door closed, then stormed off.

Strange.

She always has something to say before leaving. Therefore, that leaves me to believe that she'll have something planned for me.

Louis struggled to get up. I wondered how much pain he was in. "Louis, are you okay?" I asked, dizzily limping over towards him with my hands on the wall for support. I sat in front of him, laying his head on my lap.

"E—Eris..." he whimpered, "You're... bleeding... I need to get help..."

I placed my left hand over his cheek, where the visible injury was. "A sinful deed forgiven by the gods, cross the steps towards divinity, heal your creation; the laws of humanity." I chanted, and within a few seconds, the wound closed. Still, there was a bit of blood left on his face.

"Where else does it hurt?"

"Please heal yourself first, I don't want you to lose too much blood..."