38: Sleep crisis

(Chapter - 38)

"Lee Enterprises..." Yera mumbled as she read the board of the skyscraper.

"And whom are you seeing miss?" The receptionist asked her politely as she entered the lobby and was busy examining the interior. "Heeseung. Uhm, sorry, Mr. Lee." She cleared her throat, reminding herself to address him formally during working hours. "Just take a seat over there, I will call him up in a minute. He is actually in a conference right now." The lady smiled apologetically as she attended other calls on the line.

"Yes, Mr. Lee, I called you. An applicant you called over for the personal interview is there. Oh, okay, I will guide her up to your office." She ended the call as she motioned Yera to follow her. The lady pressed the 60th floor from the lift panel and Yera's eyes were soon drawn towards the glass wall, from where one could get the aerial view of the entire city.

"It's beautiful, right?" The lady smiled at her to which she reciprocated the smile. "60th floor." The speaker made an announcement as the doors opened. The office was too lavish and having a monochrome theme that was blended with silvers artefacts placed around. There was a lounge, a small kitchen, a snooker table and a huge TV placed in the lounge. The lady walked her to his cabin, knocking on the door for her and then left.

"Come in." He said in an intimidating voice. She gulped and entered the room, bowing to him. "Good morning, Mr. Lee." "Good morning." He returned the greeting as he rotated his swivel chair, finally facing her. 'Oof, that silver earring.' Her mind was clouded by various shit until Heeseung motioned her to come closer and handed her a book. "Read the last two pages." He told her to read english. She easily read it out all in a go, fluently and handed the book back to him, startling the man who was busy staring at her. "Quite impressive english you've gotten there, Ms. Jang." He said with a stoic face. "You're hired. Go and complete the formalities at the front desk." A mischievous spark glinted in her eyes as soon as she heard those words.

"Thanks, Mr. Lee." She bowed lightly before exiting his cabin. She waltzed to the front desk as the person made her sign papers on the desk. A past signed paper of Jake was lying on the desk and it made her mood off. "What is this paper doing here?" The man sighed as he grabbed the paper and kept it in a separate folder. "Here's you ID. Make sure to punch in everyday at the entrance." The employee told her, to which she nodded with a genuine smile.

Yera entered the lobby of 60th floor and was guided to her office that was just outside Heeseung's cabin. She thanked her colleague and started setting up her things on the table. Heeseung hesitantly came out of his cabin and walked towards her. "This is a small gift for you." He said as he hesitantly extended the Anthurium plant towards her. "Thanks." She smiled heartily, meeting his doe eyes as he nodded and went downstairs for supervision.

She kept the plant delicately on the table and observed a little card attached to it, which read "Cheer up! It's your first day ;)" A smile crept on her face once again, her eyes almost closing due to it. "Not that bad for the first day." She mumbled as she picked up the food coupon he gave her and then she took some files from the cardboard box, setting them in the cabinets provided.

"I am emailing you my schedule for the week, guide me to follow it up from now on. You will have to be on your toes from now." She nodded subtly and replied a 'yes' to him. "Tomorrow's a packed day for you, I guess." She said as she scrolled through his schedule. "Not that much, it's the usual." He said it as a pure smile overtook his lips.

"So you are going for swimming early morning... Don't worry, I will call you up at time." She smiled. "No, you are going to come to my place to wake me up." Her expression wavered as she took a long sigh and gazed him with her tired eyes. "Okay, I will be there, Mr. Lee." She bowed and left the cabin, immediately walking to the table and thrashing the files harshly, creating a loud voice. "How the freaking hell am I gonna wake up at 4 AM?!" She ranted to herself as she took the clutcher from the bag and harshly grabbed her hair to claw them to it.

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️