𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒- 𝑀𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔

Heidi had said yes to the arrangements. She had agreed to a nice night with Steve, slumped on his living room couch to watch a movie. While she was aware that there would be extra guests, Robin wasn't sure whether she really realised.

On the night that it was mentioned, Buckley had invited Henderson (purely over the fact that part of her had believed that Steve didn't really think she would), who had then invited Munson along to join them. Munson had invited Mayfield, and that was the end of the guest list. Of course, Nancy was going, too, along with Robin, but it all filled out to turn Harrington's living room into quite a packed space.

So there she waited in said location. Steve was milling about in the kitchen preparing snacks to keep everybody entertained (mainly curtesy of the concerning pile of binge-worthy junk food that he had chaperoned around to Robin's the time prior), and he had bowls set out aplenty, filled with all sorts of shapes and colours and flavours. He truly was the best at the movie settings, Robin thought. He seemed skilled in the craft.

There was ten minutes until everybody was scheduled to arrive. They had both assumed that Heidi and Nancy would make their own way down, and that Eddie would be driving Max and Dustin as usual.

There seemed to be groups within the Hawkins Taxi Service. It was always Steve transporting the Wheeler- Byers- Sinclair kids (apart from Erica) plus the odd Henderson, and then Eddie transporting the rest of them. The parents of the group had claimed their kids, and had stuck to them- apart from the odd times, of course.

Robin moped her way through the doorway, scuffing her socks onto the floor and taking a lean upon the kitchen counter.
"Looking good, Steve."

"Thanks- you think I've got enough for everyone?"

A muffled scoff sounded through.
"Seriously? I think you've got enough for the whole town."

Harrington blinked.
"C'mon, there's only like- five small bowls."

"I was joking, it looks great."

"Alright. Is everything else ready?"

"Um... yup."

"Great. Ten minutes 'til go time, right?"

"Affirmative. Do you really think she's expecting all of us?"

Steve paused for a moment, turning his head to the woman and placing his hands upon his hips.
"Well, I did tell her."

"And you think she believed you?"

"It'd've been stupid not to?"

A pause. Buckley still wasn't one-hundred percent sure of it.
"Hm. Okay, then. I'm gonna go flatten the mat in the entryway so Max's chair doesn't get caught on it."

"Good thinking."

So, as stated, Robin waltzed out of the kitchen on the way to do just that- and as she walked down the corridor towards the front entrance, a violent array of engine-revving serenaded her ears. Munson and the gang must've arrived.

She smiled to herself, kicking her feet onto the woven corners of the brown welcome-rug so they'd stay stiff against the floor. Excitement was rising, looking forward to being around friends, but also worrying just a bit about the less-than-so.

The commotion rustled outside of the front; muffled voices gaining in volume as they advanced towards the location. It was go time.

In front of her, the glass became a darkened haze of space. Eddie was standing directly in frame, turning his back to check on the younger two. He then turned to open the door, skipping the process of knocking and letting himself straight in.

Robin placed her hands into her pockets, rocking back and forth on her feet to await the shock of her presence. Munson side-stepped into the house, still calling muffled nonsense to the others. He parted from the door, took another step, and then paused.

"Jesus Christ-" The man met with the woman. "Did you have to be standing right there?"

Buckley chuckled, throwing up her arms in a shrug and spinning on her heel with a sarcastic attitude.
"I guess not. Quite funny to watch you jump out of your skin, though."

However, Eddie didn't look as impressed as she was.

"A tad unnecessary, Buckley."

"Guess you'll have to look where you're going next time, huh?"

In return, Robin almost immediately heard a stunted laugh-of-a-huff as she strolled back down the corridor towards the kitchen. She could also hear Max and Dustin making their entrance, too.

Steve was still darting around the kitchen, pulling drinks from cabinets and lining them up on the counter ready to be moved into the living room.

Bottles of Coke sat fizzing in their glasses alongside cans of clouded-over tin beer, and Robin looked to them, mentally claiming a certain one before the rest could take their pick.

"Are they here?" The man asked as he continued, frantically pulling his hand through his front locks of hair.

"Three of them are, yes."

"Right. Fine, that's okay."

"Why're you so stressed?"

"I don't... I don't know."

Robin smiled, stepping forward to place her hand upon his shoulder.
"Chill out, Steve- you know us all, it's not like we're strangers coming just to judge you or the set-up."

"I suppose."

"It'll all be fine... I'm sure of it. After all, it's just a movie."