Introduction Part 1 (Virgil's perspective)

Janus is mad again. Virgil asked about the border between sides and why they have it.
"Why are you ssso curioussss?!? Do you want to be one of them?!?" , said Janus, angrily.
"No!" , Virgil shouted, "I just want to know what happened! I remember being over there at some point!"
"And that wasss the passst."
"So why not try to leave whatever happened in the past!"
"Virgil. . .", he said, annoyed.
"I mean, it can't be bad enough to make a whole border!", Virgil said.
"Virgil!", He said, more annoyed then last time.
"Come on! At least let me cross! Just onc-"
"Thatsss enough!!!" ,Shouted Janus, interrupting Virgil.
He angrily went back to his room, trying to remember what being with the core sides was like. All Virgil can remember is what they represent. Not what they look or sound like. Hell, he can't even remember their names. He would kill to even talk to one of them, but Janus guards the border all day everyday. Virgil decided to sleep to get things off of his mind.

Virgil woke up and checked his phone. "1:00am?" , He said, tired and confused. He decided to go for a walk around the dark side of the mind palace. He heard a voice. One he hadn't recognized. It was singing, and it was coming from the border. Virgil walked over to the border, not seeing Janus anywhere, and sat down to listen to the singing. He had recognized the song and decided to sing along, not too loud but loud enough for the core side to hear. The core side stopped.
"What are you doing at the border?!?" Asked the core side.
"I could ask the same thing" replied Virgil.
"I was going for a small walk and decided to stop here."
"A walk at 1:00am?"
"Well what are you doing here?" Replied the stranger, sounding a little annoyed.
"The same thing actually. . . Oh, by the way, what's your name?"
"Why would I give it to you? I don't even know your name"
"Well I'm Virgil. So, what's your name?"
". . . It's Roman."
"That's a nice name", Virgil said
"Thank you. Yours is too" ,Responded Roman.
Virgil heard footsteps coming in his direction. "Meet me here same time tomorrow okay?" He said, then running off. "What were you doing?" Asked Janus.
"Going for a walk" responded Virgil.
"Get to bed. It's too late to be out."
"Okay" said Virgil, going to his room. All he could think about was the core side he had befriended and what they would talk about tomorrow. These thoughts quickly changed to what would happen if Janus found out. Virgil ignored all of the thoughts and went to sleep.