Past

Past

"Mom...Dad"

The first words that left my mouth. I wanted them. My head was throbbing with an unfamiliar pain. They will heal me and tell me everything is alright. But I know they are far gone. I will never see them again.

I could not see anything when I opened my eyes everything was white as paper. It was like staring at snow.

"Mom, Dad.... Help, help me," I screamed knowing full well they will not just appear and tell my everything will be fine.

The only thing I heard was the sound of fire. I felt an overwhelming wave of heat touch my body. Smoke filled the room making it hard to breathe. I raised my arm as much possible as the rope let me. Who could have tied me?

"Cough, Cough. Mom, Dad, anybody help me. The house is on fire! I cannot get up. I am tied to the bed," I shouted. My voice coming out hoarse. The smoke was drying up my throat.

I tried to break free from the biting rope when I heard a vengeance laugh. Maria!? Could it really be? I should have known out of all people it would be her. She would stoop this low.

"M-Maria...... you, you backstabber," I bitterly screamed. All this built rage was steaming out of me like a hot kettle pot.

"Me, you're the backstabber you took away my prom crown, stole my boyfriend, made my squad turn their back on me, and especially this; you took my fame away I will never forgive you for this. I will make you pay. I am going to make you suffer," Maria said with an unusual voice. This madwoman lost her dignity. No, she lost it long time ago, the start of a New Year.

"So, this is how you're going to get revenge on me, how pathetic I was thinking of becoming friends with you it was dumb to be thinking I could turn your heart into good," I evenly said. It was not a smart choice becoming friends with the enemy. Now I face the consequences and live this life of death. Funny I wish it were reversed roles. How I would have loved to see Maria tied instead of me. See her face of pure terror.