117| Friendly Persuasion

The common area was crowded with new students as they walked around the lounge to meet each other. Cory and Topanga, unsurprisingly, had no interested in others and were having a heated make out session on the couch.

Shawn and Zoey stood just behind them as they watched the couple with interest.

"Hey! Hey, hey, hey!" Shawn called, hitting Cory's shoulder.

Zoey gave her boyfriend a smirk. "He can't talk. She's got his tongue."

"Hello!" Shawn exclaimed. "We're supposed to be meeting new people."

Zoey turned to her boyfriend and tugged on his arm. "I want to make out."

"Oh, come on, Zo. This is our freshman orientation. You know, this is a new place. We're supposed to be meeting new people." Shawn said as he looked over at the other students.

Zoey pouted slightly. "You don't want to make out with me?"

"No. I absolutely want to make out, you know. I just want to meet people and I've never met anyone while I'm making out." Shawn explained before he paused for a moment. "Except for one night but that was a fluke."

Zoey frowned slightly before taking a sip of her drink.

"Hi, I'm Camryn." A girl with short, blonde hair greeted them.

"Hi, I'm Shawn." He greeted with a wide smile. "And this is my friend Zoey."

Zoey turned to him and narrowed her eyes. "What?"

"What?" He asked.

"You said 'friend'." She pointed out.

"I did? I mean, this is my girlfriend, Zoey. My girl." He corrected quickly.

"Oh, you two are together." Camryn said brightly.

Shawn nodded and gestured to Zoey with his drink. "Girlfriend and boyfriend."

"Oh." Camryn said with a smile and placed a hand on Shawn's arm. "Well, see you around campus."

Zoey watched the blonde girl with a suspicious look on her face before her attention fell to Cory and Topanga who were still making out.

Shawn smiled at his girlfriend awkwardly. "How you doing?"

"I'm good, friend. How are you doing?" She wondered.

"Oh, come on, Zo. I made a mistake. I'm sorry, okay?" Shawn told her. He paused as he studied her wary expression. "Let's make out."

"No, no, it's okay." Zoey said quickly, shaking her head. "We don't have to. We can meet new people. I just didn't know it was that important to you; I don't want you to miss out on anything."

Shawn furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean by that, Zo?"

"You want to meet new people and I'm definitely not new people, so what do you want it to mean?" She questioned.

Shawn didn't answer right away as a frown appeared on his face as he stared at Zoey.

Their conversation was interrupted by Cory and Topanga who were finishing making out and decided to interact with other people.

"Whew." Cory breathed with a wide smile as he put an arm around his fiancée. "You know, whoever thought up these orientations is a genius."

Shawn and Zoey ignored them as they continued to stare at each other.

"I think we should talk." Zoey insisted quietly.

••••

It was official. Shawn and Zoey decide to go their separate ways.