The beginning

★★★

The sound of heavy water droplets touching the ground, the dark clouds covering the beautiful eclipse. Palm trees swinging side to side as it's leaves make rustling noises which some find a bit eery. Yet that did not stop the ten foot tall na'vi calmly walking towards his home.

This na'vi was from the Metkayina clan. Bright, cyan like skin with multiple beautiful patterns littered across. His eyes a blue green color, showing a strong yet gentle look. His waist holding up to cover in between his legs, whilst Metkayina blades hang on them. Along with traditional clothes and striking tattoos.

His walk slow and relaxed as he observes his surroundings. He had only been ordered to patrol around the village right after the eclipse had occurred, for precaution.

This na'vi looked up the sky as droplets of water came tickling down on his face. He smiled and closed his eyes.

He loved the rain. The sound, it's texture made him feel calm. Some may not relate to this but he does not mind. It's quite literally the purpose of him walking slowly. He wanted to enjoy it while it lasts.
After all, nothing lasts forever.

After a minute, he opened his eyes before looking at the ground about to take his next step. Before he instantly
stopped when he saw something quite unusual.

He crouched down to look more closely. His eyes widened when he recognizes what it was. His hand tracing softly at what looks to be a faint ikran footprint. Due to the rain it was getting quite hard to see it, but he was certain it was. It wasn't possible. His mind was racing, as his face twists in confusion.

Ikrans are mountain banshees. How can there be footprints of them on the island.

His first thought was there were intruders. He wanted to alert the olo'eyktan and immediately tell him about this, but his curiosity consumed him.

He stood up and cautiously followed the trail. Step by step, each footprint seems to get fainter and fainter until it was finally lost. For once in his life, he was slightly frustrated at the rain for washing it up. But he did not stop there. He wanted answers to his questions.

With a sigh, the na'vi took his blades and gripped them with determination. He did not know who was there, but he certainly wasn't finding out unarmed. Only then he started walking forward.

After awhile, he started to doubt his decision. Maybe there wasn't anything here. Maybe those footprints were his imagination and his mind was playing tricks on him. Slowly, he was losing hope. Until he raised a leaf out of his way and what he saw was unexpected.

His eyes staring in front at what he is seeing. Perhaps he was in shock. He shook his head multiple times, making sure it wasn't a hallucination. And it wasn't. It was a forest na'vi.
Dark blue skin with gorgeous patterns and he noticed their tail was thin and scrawny. He would've also taken note of their supposedly yellow eyes but the forest na'vi had their eyes closed.

The na'vi he saw was no more than just a child. He noticed how she was sitting up, hugging her legs to her chest, her tail wrapped around her for comfort. She was sleeping. The Metkayina na'vi tilted his head.
What was a child doing here.

This certainly wasn't what he was expecting. He first looked left and right, making sure the child was alone before confirming. Even though he knew this was a bit sketchy. He wanted to help her. Call it instinct, but he did not see this child as a threat.

So, with a deep breath, he started walking towards the unfamiliar na'vi.

With one step forward, he revealed himself out of the trees he was hiding in. Though, with that step, he was immediately noticed by the na'vi.