Surprise

Neil gets awaken by their alarm. It was 7:00 am and Claire was fast asleep beside him. He gently shakes Claire to wake her up, but she didn't budge. Neil chuckled knowing how much of a deep sleeper Claire was.

He sits up on their bed and places a gentle kiss on Claire's lips. When she still didn't wake up, he started giving her pecks.

"Neil stooopp" he hears Claire mutter in an annoyed tone.

"It's past 7:00 am we're gonna be late for work" he tells her.

"Still so early, I'm still really sleepy" Claire replied

"Well, you wouldn't be anymore if I do this" he tells her and started tickling her.

The next thing he hears is the loud laughter of Claire who was trying so hard to get out of his arms, but of course, he wouldn't budge.

"okay okay I'm awake" Claire tells him and then added...

"you can't do that to me" Claire says gasping for air

"why not? I wanna hear my fiance's laugh" Neil replies

He sees Claire roll her eyes

"such a sweet talker" Claire replies to him.

To give you a short story on how they were now fiancés, right after the earthquake that scared Claire and him, they confessed to each other. It always has been a miracle to them when he survived. They don't know how, but after all that dramatic goodbye, after a few hours seeing his life flash before his eyes, Claire told him his vitals were stabilizing.

The night of him being admitted:

"I need to tell you something" He heard Claire say.

"Me too... I'll go first" He replies and sees Claire nod

"You're a terrible bowler..." he started saying which made Claire chuckle

"Maybe the worst I've ever seen" he continued, gasping a little for air.

"I wanted to tell you that I hate your tattoo... way too much antler" Claire says which made him laugh.

"and I love you" Claire added, tears streaming down her face.
His gaze softened and he replied...

"I love you too" Claire then slowly laid on his chest and he touched her face in return.

Suddenly, Claire got up and he was confused.

"Oh my god, Neil." Claire says shocked

"What?" He says as he looked at her

"Your vitals...they're stabilizing" Claire says which made them smile.

After that, he had to clarify to Claire that him confessing wasn't a spur of the moment and he was sincere.It's a miracle, indeed, he thought. After that event he had gone through more tests and stayed a couple more weeks in the hospital. It has been 2 years since that and just last month, he proposed which Claire obviously answered with a yes.

"Neil, babe" his trance was broken when he heard Claire's voice. He's a lucky man, he thought. He felt Claire's lips on his.

"You were deep in thought" Claire tells him

"Yeah, sorry I just remembered the time I proposed." He replied and smiles.

Claire wraps her arms around his shoulders, and he held her waist. He told her she should freshen up and he'll wait for her in the dining to eat breakfast which Claire agreed at.

While waiting, he hears Claire call for him.

"Love!" Claire shouts

"Yes love?" He replied coming closer to their closet.