Chapter 1

I hope y'all who stuck through with the original will enjoy this one. Its Crazy to think I was only 13 or 14 when I wrote the original, and now I'm 17 going on 18. Anyway, thank you for all the support you gave me in the beginning :)

------------

POV - Katie

Its currently 6:00 AM and I am sitting staring at the ceiling of the councilors room as my alarm clock gets increasing louder waiting for me to shut it off.

"For gods' sake Katie shut the damn thing off." 

I take that as my cue to roll over, less than pleased, and shut off the alarm. But as I swing my arm around blindly searching for the clock my hand lands in something sticky. I sit up and examine the pink paste on my hand with a groan before fully getting out of bed and quickly making my way to the bathroom. I flick on the light to the damp and slightly musty cabin bathroom and turn towards the mirror only to be faced with a less than pleasant, but not too shocking, sight. 

"STOLL!" 

I am aware that he likely can't hear me from across camp in his cabin where he should be, but more likely than not him and his idiot of a brother are sitting outside in my cabins garden waiting for our daily "chat." 

You see, every day the Stoll brothers (Conner and Travis) will pull some elaborate prank on me and my cabin, for unknown reasons. In todays case, dying my hair a vibrant pink in my sleep, effectively ruining my favorite sleep shirt. My favorite white sleep shirt. 

I pull my now pink hair back into a low ponytail and take off my shirt leaving my in my bra and sweatpants. I grab my zip front camp sweatshirt and pull it on as I step outside into the fridged New England air. I'm met with a crowd of campers all wrapped up in blankets and scarves, wool hats on their heads, ready to watch the morning spectacle. The urge to run back inside the warm cabin and get away from the prying eyes (and now gasps of horror at my new look) creeps up on me as more people show up and I begin to loose feeling in my toes, and I nearly give in until I see a familiar mop of curls pushing through the crowd. 

"What've you got to say for yourself now Stoll?" I yell into the crowd, not worried about being heard as the only other talking within the mass of campers is the boys excusing themselves as they shove their way to the front.

"Katie-Kat darling don't you love the new look? If I recall you said your favorite color is pink, right?" He calls out, nearly to the front now.

When on Earth did I tell him my favorite color?

"You're lucky the Aphrodite cabin can fix this Stoll." I say as he pushes his head through the final row of campers.

"Oh come now Kit-Kat, you know we were only doing it out of kind...ness..." He trails off as I finally am in his line of sight.

"What now Travis? Cat got your tongue?"

He is looking at me with wide eyes, taking in my disheveled appearance as I stand in the snow barefoot in my pajamas dawning a new unexpected hairdo of his choosing.

"Pink looks good on you." it comes out as barely a whisper, and I nearly don't hear it. The campers clearly didn't as they are all huddled together mumbling to each other trying to figure out what he said.

"I'm sorry, what?" I tilt my head to show my clear confusion incase my facial expressions aren't enough. 

And just like that he is back to normal, the same irritating smirk on his face and an even more irritating tone of voice. "I was just saying that you might want to put a shirt on Gardner." 

And with that he turns around, grabbing his brother who had just joined us by the arm, and pushes through the crowd, thus ending the daily show. 

With a red face and a slight case of hypothermia, I head back inside, being met by a gush of warm air and the homey earthy smell of the Demeter Cabin. My sister Miranda hands me a warm blanket and a pair of slippers before leaning in and whispering in my ear,

"Now that you're done flirting you should get ready for the day, I can take the cabin to breakfast for you." 

And right on cue the horn for breakfast sounds, and the cabin lines up to head down. I give Miranda a grateful smile and rush to the bathroom to get ready for the day.