𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

After letting out a small groan, Primrose forced herself to her feet along with Peter and Rocket. The three of them didn't waste a moment before they started looking around. To Primrose's surprise, the hole they made was pretty deep. However, not deep enough for them to get to where they need to be. Her eyes scanned over her surroundings one last time before she discovered that all attention was on her. Primrose just stared at Peter and Rocket until she realized they were waiting for her to speak.

"The metal's too thick," the Quill woman announced right as Rocket went back to looking around the cavern, "for our plan to work, we'd actually need to place the explosive on Ego's core."

"And our fat butts ain't gonna fit through those tiny holes," the raccoon added after looking over all the small shining holes that surrounded them. It wasn't long after Rocket finished speaking when Primrose noticed Peter looking down at something. She soon followed his gaze to find Groot staring off into space and playing with a leaf on his arm. Rocket didn't hesitate to look over at the small creature before his attention turned back to the Quill siblings. "That's a terrible idea."

"Which is the only kind of idea we have left," Peter declared, earning a groan from Rocket before the latter grabbed Groot and walked further into the tunnel. After watching the raccoon for a moment longer, the Quill man turned his attention to his sister. "Stay with him and help out with Groot. I'll make sure all of the Sovereign stay away from here."

"Don't you think Rocket can handle talking to Groot?" Primrose retaliated as she stared out at all the Sovereign ships before looking back at her brother, "I think you're gonna need the help."

Their conversation was interrupted by Rocket's complaints as he continued to walk into the tunnel. The Quill siblings just stared at him for a moment before Peter turned his attention back towards Primrose. "I think he's gonna need your help more than I will."

The Quill woman hesitated as she looked between the attacking Sovereign and the angry raccoon. It wasn't long after that when she let out a sigh and looked up at her brother. "Fine, I'll help Rocket. But you better call me if your *ss is in trouble."

After sharing a quick hug, Primrose watched as Peter jumped out of the hole and into action. The Quill woman watched her brother for a moment longer before walking further into the tunnel to help Rocket. When she reached them, she found the raccoon sitting on the ground with his device in front of him. Groot was simply watching the creature in front of him with wide blank eyes, making a knot form in the pit of Primrose's stomach.