123| And In Case I Don't See Ya

Zoey bounced her leg anxiously as she sat in Mr. Feeny's class. Today they were getting their midterms papers. The paper was about the book they were assigned to.

"For next time, I'd like you to finish reading The Canterbury Tales, and be prepared to discuss Chaucer's intent." Mr. Feeny told the class as they began to stand up. "Uh, not so fast. I have your midterms papers."

"Well, it's our first real big grades. I'm kinda nervous." Zoey admitted, shifting in her seat uncomfortably.

"Why, Zo? You're an incredible student ad you worked really hard. You've nothing to be worried about." Topanga assured her friend before turning in her seat to face the boys. "Remember, boys, this is only one grade."

Mr. Feeny walked through the classroom, passing the student's papers back. When he handed Zoey her paper back, she took a deep breath and flipped the paper over to reveal an A.

"I got a B!" Shawn exclaimed excitedly.

"Me, too!" Cory added happily.

"Good, Cory. You're parents will be very proud-" Topanga began before she flipped over her paper and her eyes widen. "What is this?"

Shawn leaned over her shoulder. "It's a B. Hey, we got the same grade."

"This is a travesty." Topanga stated.

"I got an A." Zoey announced with a smile.

"Who cares? How do I get the same grade as these two schlubs?" Topanga wondered, gesturing between Shawn and Cory.

Both Shawn and Cory stood up and strolled over to their teacher at the front of the class

"Feeny, thank you for the Bs." Shawn said with a wide smile.

"Don't thank me, boys. You did the work." Mr. Feeny responded.

Cory chuckled. "And believe me, you are gonna be just as happy with the next one."

"Are you aware that the next paper was due yesterday?" Mr. Feeny wondered.

Shawn and Cory exchanged a look.

"Uh.... yeah..."

"Well...."

"You know.... That's what we wanted to talk to you about because you remember how you said we could always come to you? Well, we're here." Cory said with a wide smile.

"How about three days?" Shawn suggested.

"No days." Mr. Feeny decided.

"Two days?" Shawn offered.

"No days." Mr. Feeny repeated himself.

Cory placed a hand on Shawn's shoulder. "Shawn perhaps-"

"Shh, shh! I'm negotiating." Shawn told his best friend.

"Let me see if I understand this. You just decided that I would give you another extension?" Mr. Feeny questioned.

"Well, because of our long history together." Cory explained

"So you just didn't bother to do the paper at all?" Mr. Feeny asked.

Shawn and Cory exchanged worriedly looks.

"They're killin us!" Cory exclaimed.

"It's like we can't breathe!" Shawn added.

Mr. Feeny slowly nodded. "I see. Well, there's no need for you to turn in your papers at all, boys.

"Sounds good." Cory muttered, trying to suppress his smile.

"I don't think it is." Zoey spoke as she stood up, cooped up her books, chucking them in her backpack before zipping it up, throwing it over her shoulders as she began walking out.