I Want A Divorce

Narrator Speaking: When those serious, sure sounding words left the mouth of Janine. CJ, Calvin, & Miranda looked towards the tall woman in utter shock & horror. Everyone, CJ included decided to ignore what she said and just wait for Baby Christian to come out. As if that was gonna erase what just happened. Uncle Curtis & Aunt Ella later come in and can feel some tension in the room. But they also ignore it for the time being. Christian Payne is soon brought into the world by Miranda's pushes, the support of the family, and instruction of Dr. Jawfry. Once the baby is born Janine stays for a few minutes her boss Roland shoots her a quick text on an emergency meeting happening that he needs her to be at within half an hour. It's a 15 minute drive from the hospital but due to traffic and not wanting to even be a minute late. As well as the fact that being in the presence of her currently still so called "husband" making her angrier by the second she is ready to go. She congratulates Calvin and Miranda. Lets them know where she has to go, and promises she will talk to them again soon before darting out of the room with CJ on her heels yelling about her walking out on a family moment and calling her name.

CJ (Catching up to her): Janine! JANINE!!

Janine (Angrily turns around so quickly & aggresively that it makes the whole hallway of doctors pause as well as makes CJ jump in startlememt): WHAT CLARENCE?! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT NOW?!?!

CJ (Shocked and appalled by her response, never beung talked to like that by his wife before): What do I want?! I want you to stay with & stand by your family after a baby was just born-

Janine: Did you or did you not hear me say my boss just texted me and I HAVE to go. There is an emergency meeting happening. I don't know what it's about but I am mandated to be there. I wouldn't have left if it wasn't an emergency as much as I can't stand to be around your disrespectful, no shame having, ho ass.

CJ: Oh wow, so now I'm a ho? A ho?!

Janine: That's WTF I said!!!!

CJ: Why we gotta resort to name calling?!

Janine: You do it all the time! Everytime you falsely accuse me of sleeping with Roland you call me a cheater without saying it. Everytime you throw my past addiction in my face simply because your mad you call me a crackhead without saying it.

CJ: Well it looked like y'all were up to something. And I just thought-

Janine: Well you thought WRONG! And then took that as an excuse to make it okay in your mind to kiss my best friend in our home?! And then you have the audacity, the utter GALL to turn it around, try to manipulate, gaslight, and blame me for your infidelity issues?!?! Are you THAT MUCH of a sexist that your being just could not ever handle the fact I was working again in a job I enjoyed with a boss that respects me? Now do I think he may have a crush? Yes he may, but you seriously never trusted me to keep boundaries to make sure nothing ever happened between us? I certainly had that trust in you until finding out you locked lips with my best friend for the hell of it!

CJ (Starting to realize he messed up and getting worried about the state of their marriage): It was just a kiss! I promise you it didn't mean anything. I don't love or want her. You know my heart and soul is forever with you. And as far as yoir addiction I don't mean to just throw it in your face because I'm mad. It just-that demon you fought did A LOT to me, to our children, to this whole entire family and-

Janine (Teary eyed, but refusing to let any of them fall): And I broke free from it! With the help of God and this family I broke free from it so when are you gonna move on and treat me as such. I had gone on with my life, long accepted we were over, & had been happy. If you couldn't let go of the past then you shouldn't have proposed to and married me for a SECOND TIME! What in the hell was the point of all this if you were gonna forever throw my past fuck ups in my face for eternity damn near everytime you're mad at me?! And it surely wasn't "just a kiss" CJ. As I said earlier that was you being romantically intimate with another woman un the home we share together and raise our children in. Now IF we were staying married and I forever threw this bullshit up in your face everytime you upset me over something then it's be a problem right?! Yeah it would, because your double standard is terrible. I can never win with you and in all honesty I'm tired of trying. I'm tired of you and this poor excuse of a marriage.