D part 2

The next morning

D: [sleeping, sitting at his end of the couch, his arms crossed across his chest and his head laying in the pillow on the back of the couch, stirs, then jerks awake with a sharp inhale]

B: [asleep, curled up at her end of the couch, starts awake and looks at him] "Dean? Are you okay?"

D: [looks quickly at her and reaches his hand toward her, then quickly plops it between them on the couch] "Yeah. Are you?"

B: [meets his gaze questioningly] "....Yeah...."

D: [holds her gaze for a brief moment] (disoriented and concerned, then realization and relief) [looks away, closes his eyes and raises his hand to rub his eyes with his fingers]

B: [watching him in confusion and concern, slowly shifts to sit up, facing him] "Dean–"

D: [glances at her with a small wry smile] "You sure? You did have a monster beat you unconscious yesterday."

B: [watching him, hesitates] ".... So did you...."

D: [meets her gaze with a bigger wry smile] "All in a day's work for me, sweetheart."

B: [searches his eyes] "... Dean, are you–"

D: [stands] "I need coffee."

B: [watches him] (confused and slightly concerned)

D: [smiles down at her] "And bacon."

B: [holds his gaze] (confusion, then reluctant acceptance) "I guess I wouldn't say no to some bacon.... If you're sharing, that is."

D: [smiling] "I might."

B: [shakes her head] "I have to take L out." [stands]

D goes to the kitchen and D and B takes L outside then comes back and goes to the kitchen

D: [standing at the stove, cooking bacon and eggs, glances at her over his shoulder as she walks it] "Coffee's brewing."

B: [glances at the coffee pot, then smiles at him and shakes her head] "So domestic..."

D: [rolls his eyes and focuses on the food]

B: [smiles at him in amusement] "Anything I can do to help?"

D: [glances at her again with a small amused smile, gestures toward her and opens his mouth to speak]

S: [steps into the doorway, holding a white dress shirt, looks at D] "Dude!"

D and B look at S

S: [looking at D] (slight frustration and irritation) [holds up the dress shirt] "What the hell? Again?"

D: [looking at him] "Morning to you, too."

S: [looks at him with an irritated expression]

B: [looks between them] "What...?" [bites both lips]

D: [looks at her]

S: [looks at her]

B: [looks at S questioningly]

S: [walks over to her and holds out the shirt] "Smell this."

B: (slight surprise, then confusion) [slowly leans forward and smells the shirt in his hand, then looks up at him] (different surprise and confusion) "That seems out of character."

S: [nods] "Yeah, because it is." [looks at D in irritation] "Dean keeps ironing my shirts with beer."

D: [grins at S]