A Familiar Face - Prologue

The shock hits her as she realizes she's just been found

2025 3:34 AM

"Anything suspicious Y/N?" calls an unrecognizable voice on a radio, "Nothing yet, chief" Y/N responds, walking through the alleyways of Lucella. He hears some rustling down a corner, quickly, he grabs his gun and springs into cover. 'Maybe not a boring first day after all...' the police officer thought to himself, He quietly peaks around the corner.

Y/N POV

I opened my eyes to the woman Infront of me. She looked familiar.. She seems familiar.. Have I met her before? But she's a criminal.. I have to take her in.. I'm not really sure what she has done though... I just started this job after all, but she seems dangerous...

The police officer jumped up out of hiding and yelled "Freeze! Put your hands in the air!", It seemed a bit stereotypical to say, but he was not sure what else he could have said. The woman jumped up, a bit startled to say the least. She took her hands in the air, Y/N runs up to the wolf and grabbed her hands, putting them in handcuffs. "Who are you?!" The wolf yells, streaks of tears are visible on her face. "Officer Y/N" the officer states, pulling out his badge. "PLEASE! LET ME GO!" The wolf cries, she puts her face to the ground, tears falling on the cold concrete. "Oh, no, no, no. You're not going anywhere. I'm calling chief and I'm taking you in..." Y/N. He felt a little bad, but he knew she was a criminal and he wasn't taking second guesses. The wolf's sob grow louder, "Please! I beg for you to let me go! I was doing it for my family!" She calls, Y/N doesn't believe any last bit, "Let me see.." Y/N says while grabbing out his notepad. "Aggravated assault, harassment, burglary, shoplifting and stealing! For your family?" Y/N reads, while laughing. The wolf just remains silent, she slowly sits on the ground, accepting defeat. Y/N pulls out his radio. "Chief! You won't believe who I found..." Y/N says while smirking.

30 minutes later

"Oh thank you Y/N! I've been looking for this wolf for 3 WEEKS! 3 GOD DAMN WEEKS!" The chief says, thanking Y/N. "It must feel good catching a criminal after such a long time.." Y/N responds, sitting down. "Trust me Y/N, it does..." The chief calls. "Well, I'll leave you to it." Y/N says while getting up and leaving. Chief stands up and walks over to Willow's cell, he looks at her. She appears to be hiding her face, nothing but soft sobbing can be heard. The chief smiles 'Doesn't feel too good, doesn't it?' The chief thought to himself. He silently walks away.

6 Hours Later

Y/N is woken up to a sharp sound ringing throughout his body, he springs out of his bed. He takes a long sigh, he hits snooze on his alarm and he goes over to his wardrobe and he pulls out his uniform. "2nd day on the job..." He says. The tired Y/N makes his way over to his car and he drives off to the police station, on his way he notices a small child. It looked like a pig and he seen the pig before but Y/N brushes it off. The police officer gets out of his car and opens the police station's doors. "Welcome back, Y/N!" Yells the chief, Y/N waves and walks over to his desk.

Chief POV

I get up and make my way to Willow's cell, she seems to be awake and yet again.. quietly sobbing. I clear my throat to gain her attention, she lifts her head up and stares straight into my soul. She seemed mad and honestly.. I couldn't blame her, but she killed my son and I know it. "So, why'd you do it?" I whisper to her, she seemed confused, I wasn't going to let that fool me... "Do what...?" She answers, genuinely confused. "You know exactly what you did, Willow. You're just some weenie little bitch that decided to kill a 16-year-old teenager who had his whole life ahead of him!" I yell at her, but she remains calm. She's getting on my nerves.. "I have no idea what you're talking about!" She yells back, standing up from her bed. "The fuck you say?" I respond, she walks up to me, with a calm expression.. I notice the streaks of tears on her face, I laughed at it in my head.. I remind myself of my son's death, I snap back to the argument. "Was it luck? Did my son die to blind fucking luck?!" I yell. I then start walking away.

No One POV

"Asshole..." She whispers under her breath. She silently growls before sitting back down on her bed.

4:29 AM
Outside Of Police Station

"Do not worry, Willow. I am coming for you.." A disembodied voice called out from the dark and shadowy alleyway just outside of the police station. A mysterious figure resembling a tiger rose from the shadows. Edging closer to the entrance, eventually he stops. "And I won't forgive that chief for this..." He says, while walking back to the alleyway.

Y/N POV

I take a peek at the entrance as I noticed movement from the corner of my vision. There arose a-a tiger..? He seemed to just stand there for a second before walking away, didn't chief say about a tiger that was affiliated with the criminal...? I don't really remember much, probably just someone taking a glance inside of the station but it is still weird nonetheless...
"Hey Y/N!" The chief yells, knocking me out of my clouds. "Huh? Oh hey chief!" I respond back, "Mind checking up on the wolf for me while I'm gone? Gotta run a little errand!"  He asks while grabbing his stuff, I quickly get up, shut off my computer and I grab my gun and taser, "Sure." I respond back, whatever that little errand is.. it better not involve more shit for me to deal with..

I walk over to the cell, making sure I wasn't in sight of the wolf.. even though she isn't as dangerous as that racoon that I once seen before I became a police officer, I don't want to get involved with her... I peek inside of her cell and she seems to be toying with something, I adjust my view to a little air vent in the ceiling... It seemed to be dented.. WAS SHE TRYING TO ESCAPE?!

Third Person POV

The police officer falls down, making a loud BANG, Willow flinches to the sudden sound and she slowly turns around and sees Y/N getting up from the ground. 'I recognize him...' Willow says to herself, she ignores the thought and just kept her glance on the police officer, he smiles awkwardly and walks away, embarrassed. The wolf just stares in confusion, she looks back to the clock that she was tampering with

Willow POV

W-what the hell was he doing..? Whatever, i recognise that face... It reminds of Y/N back from highschool..... "Snap out of it Willow!" I say to myself.. but that face.. it just seems so familiar.. If... If it is him then why come here..? He told me before that he was going to abandon Lucella once he graduated.. maybe he was lying...?

No One POV

Willow just sat there staring at the clock she had been toying with, the slamming of a door in the distance got her startled, a panda walked past.. eventually out of her peripheral.

Poley POV

Annnnd.. of course I was sent to go check the mall! Didn't that Y/N check it? I have no idea why chief is sending me, it's not like I'm gonna see some mouse with their legs cut off!

"Poley, you want that raise right? Go check it out and tell me what you find, I need to find that tiger. A.S.A.P!" Chief yells while throwing the police car keys to Poley, he lets out a long sigh, walking over to the car, he gets in and starts driving to the mall.

5:59 AM
Mall

'Here I am' Poley thought to himself, he gets out of his car and opens the mall doors. It was left abandoned, he looked around as the sounds of flickering lights rang throughout the mall. A sound of a glass bottle smashing on the ground, he flinches, pulls out his gun and starts pointing it at where the glass was shattered. "Who's there?!" He yells, walking over to the kitchen. As he's checking the cabinets, he hears the squeak of a mouse behind him. He slowly turns around and sees a robot and a mouse..

There was blood everywhere