|Part One|-|1|

WHERE HAD IT GONE WRONG? I don't know if it was when I crashed on Earth, when I saved the man that came to be my husband, or when I took up the mantle of a hero putting everyone's happiness before my own.

My name is Kala-El daughter of Lara Lor-Val and Jor-El. I was sent to Earth just three days after my birth when my home planet imploded on itself due to an unstable core.

I slept for nearly four years while my ship traveled across the vastness of space, information, traditions, musclememory, everything a Kryptonian learned over their life, for all guilds from science to military was taught to me as I slept.

I was taken in my a lovely couple that didn't understand. Jonathan and Martha Kent nee Clark were lovely people, but dispite my age, I had the skills of those in their prime.

I wasn't a child in mind nor body and it was their first mistake to treat me as such. I embraced who I was, I didn't hide it or lie about it, but I knew how to keep it hidden.

At just fifteen years old, I met the man that I was going to marry when he hit me with his porsche going off the bridge where I rescued him just moments later.

Three years of friendship, of mistakes, of learning to be a hero while pretending to be human. Watching the man I had loved since I met him marry more than once, watching as he broke due to his father and secrets, and there was nothing I could have done except be there for him.

That was how dispite being a hero, despite loving my Lex, despite telling him everything, no one could understand that I could hear cries for help, that it was in my very soul to save lives and lead people into the light as my family had done for millenia.

So, I continued even when there was no hope, even when the world turned their back on me for being an alien, because in truth I was more human than most of them.

In the end it just wasn't enough. Finally understanding I couldn't go it alone, that I needed help if I wanted to save peope, and it was already too late. I was dying when the green Kryptonite infected the sun, changing the radiation.

Everyone else would be fine, but I was dying a slow and painful death. My husband was by my side, as was our daughter. I offered them a sad smile as I said dying.

"May we meet again in the light of Rao, my loves." I whispered reaching up and wiping away the tears on my twenty-year-old daughter's face. Looking up at my husband I smile at his sadness. "Take care of our Kora, don't let this change the man you are. Be the hope I couldn't."

He understood what I meant. He finally let his tears fall and leaned forward and kissed my forehead, whispering the words I had taught him so long ago. "Hazze ajjin vo ato anha tikh athfiezar alikh, Shekh ma Shieraki Anni. [There is no one I would love more, my Sun and Stars.]"

*******

A SECOND CHANCE was something she would never take for granted because it meant she had a chance to do something better than she had the first time, to make something right or better than it was.

Coming into her second chance was painful, but nothing worth anything was easy. The burning of her unused lungs and sense overload was her greeting.

Rao was the Personification of Sun and he offered his last daughter a chance, making her the Immortal Reincarnate. Whenever she died permanently, she would be reborn into another universe.