𝐂𝟏: 𝐓𝐨 𝐆𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭

As Veronica walked inside Heather's kitchen, she shared glances with JD, before snapping her head back forward in embarrassment.

"Maybe she's not here?" JD offered.

"Trust me, she skips the Saturday morning trip to Grandma's even when she's not hungover." Veronica reassured him. She blew a gust of air to the scrap of hair over her face, it immediately falling back into place.

JD seemed to be thinking for a moment, before his eyes lit up and he looked at Veronica. "We'll just concoct ourselves a little hangover cure that'll induce her to spew red, white and blue, then. . ." He mumbled.

"What about, like, milk and orange juice? What's the up-chuck factor on that?" Veronica suggested. JD smirked, looking over at a bottle Veronica couldn't quite recognize yet.

JD then held up a bottle of drainer, his grin enough to make Heather Chandler vomit, even. "I'm a no-rust build-up man, myself." He chuckled a bit. 

Veronica frowned, rolling her eyes. "Don't be a dick, that stuff'll kill her." She debated, crossing her arms. JD let out a 'mmmm' noise, watching as Veronica's eyes slowly started to lighten. She smiled. "I know, we can cook up some soup, and put it in a coke! It's— it's pretty sick, eh? Now, should it be chicken-noodle or bean and bacon?" She put her hands on her hips as she recommended it. JD didn't respond quite yet, but Veronicas gaze followed him as he poured a thick, blue liquid into a glass cup, before glancing over at Veronica's own project and his eyes squinted in disgust. Veronica did the same, because honestly, the fumes of the drainer could kill if it really wanted to, she bet.

"Will ya put a lid on that thing? I say we go with big blue here." JD snickered.

"What are you talking about? She would never drink anything that looked like that anyways!" Veronica almost shouted. She took a deep breath and glanced around, hoping nobody heard.

"Mmm, so we'll put it in this. . . !" JD paused, grabbing a morning cup and pouring it in there. "She won't be able to see what she's drinking," offered JD. Veronica looked sick to the stomach, or so she thought. 

She hoped JD could visually see it, before she approached the same cupboard and grabbed a similar cup and lid. "Just let me get a cup, you jerk." Veronica mumbled. She then poured her concoction into the cup. She noticed JD put the lid on his.

"Okay, milk and orange juice." Veronica stares at it, nearly groaning when she realizes the puke factor may not be high enough. She forces the dark hair out of her face, then looks up at JD. "Maybe, just maybe, we could cough up a phlegm globber or somethin'." She muttered to him.

JD makes a thinking noise, as they both attempt to gather up a globber, even a small one would do. (But they both failed because they hadn't been smoking for five years.)

"Oh well, it'll have to do." Veronica crosses her arms, sighing.

"You chicken!" JD bitterly (but lovingly) hissed as he gestured to his cup. She side-eyed him.

"You're not funny," decided Veronica. 

JD leaned in for a kiss to apologize, "Sorry." He mumbles, as they both peck each other on the lips. During the kiss, Veronica manages to grapple onto her cup. She smiled, how could she not forgive this sweet guy? JD realizes just as she started to walk up the stairs. "Agh, Veronica, wrong cup." He tried to convince her.

"No, you're kidding," Veronica laughs a bit, thinking he really meant it as a joke, as he followed her upstairs. As they enter her bedroom, Veronica coughs to clear up her throat. "Hello, Heather." She greeted. Heather somehow awoke with her hair almost perfect. She arose like a princess, stretching her arms gracefully, before glaring at them deadpan.

"Hi, Veronica and. . . Jesse James? Eh. Quelle surprise. Did you hear about Veronica's love for regurgitation?" Heather Chandler giggled innocently, her eyes crinkling into a smile, even though her mouth was in a straight line.

"Heather, I think, w— we both said a lot of things we didn't mean." stammered Veronica. She put her hands on her hips as JD held the cup.

"Did we, now? How the hell did you get in my house, anyways?" Heather narrowed her eyes.

"Um, Veronica knew you'd have a hangover, so we whipped this up for ya." JD reached his hand out to offer it to the Queen Bee.

"What'd you do, put a phlegm globber in it or something? Y'know, I won't drink that crap." giggled Heather, as if it was funny.

"I knew this stuff would be too intense for her." JD pointed out, lowering the mug to Veronica. Veronica politely looks over at him.

"Intense? Now, now, grow up. You think I'll drink it if you call me chicken?" Heather chuckled. JD beams and shrugs to her, just as she jumped up and snatched the cup. She tugged it away from him. "Give me the cup, ya jerk." snarked Chandler. She gives him a sour look, then starts chugging the contents.

Veronica grabs her elbows, then glances up at JD, who's expression was simply deadpan. Heather takes a deep breath, bitterly staring at the two. "I hate this." decided Chandler, as she began looking down, then vomits. After she finishes the first wave, she wipes her mouth with her bare hand, then starts vomiting again.

Veronica hid her face in her hands, a disgusted expression appearing on her face. She could feel JD's hand against her back, just as he pulls her against him and squeezes her. She looks up from her hands and sees Heather staring down with fury in her eyes. She gags, sticking her tongue out.

"I suppose we oughta clean this mess up, heh?" chuckled Veronica. Heather nods with a slight grin, chortling. JD sighs, before leaving from behind her. He nudges something into Veronica's spine, so she instinctively grasps onto it, before realizing it's cleaning supplies. "Thanks," She whispered into JD's ear and pecks his cheek.

                                                                                  *** *

Veronica and JD had just finished cleaning up the nasty mess and the stench. Veronica was spraying Glade around the room. She groaned, glancing over at Heather Chandler, who had a smirk.

"There, we're done. What else do you want us to do?" asked Veronica bitterly. JD slid his hand on her shoulder, which made her calm down a bit.

Heather stretched elegantly. "To be forgiven, brush my hair, bitch." snarked Heather. She tossed Veronica a hair brush. She swore she was about to explode, and snap, and shove that drainer on the counter in the kitchen into Heather's jaws. But JD's grip tightened on her shoulder, forcing her to take a deep breath.

Veronica forced a smile onto her face, as she bounded over to Heather. She gently lodged the brush in her hair, stroking it up and down until she looked like she was from a Disney movie.

JD watched slowly, observing the behavior both of the girls had with each other.

"Now, Heather, can I. . . go home?" Veronica winced.

Heather groaned. "Fine, I really wanted to make you do more dirty work, but I suppose this'll gotta do." She whined, but Veronica was already gone.